Ram ringers

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Ram ringers

Post by Snake »

Actually I can't read worth a flip......Hatcher' s data with the 152 30 cal at 2800 angle at 500 is 20.35 minutes or .3383 degree....that's with at 15 minute angle of departure. I obviously ain't worth a crap at math....and I should use my glasses when I read. I will now retire from this post with my tail tucked
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

No sweat Snake, many of us are getting old and have the same problems. Just have fun shooting at the damn things. :-bd
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Thanks for the link Jask.
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

So perhaps you math guys can answer a question. If the vertex of our angle is at 500 meters and the line of sight is the baseline and the approaching bullet is the hypotenuse and the 90 degree leg is at the highest point of our bullet as it begins its decent to 500 (because as we know we had to launch above our line of sight significantly to allow for drop occasioned by gravity, and air resistance) what is that angle at our vertex?
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

Snake wrote:So perhaps you math guys can answer a question. If the vertex of our angle is at 500 meters and the line of sight is the baseline and the approaching bullet is the hypotenuse and the 90 degree leg is at the highest point of our bullet as it begins its decent to 500 (because as we know we had to launch above our line of sight significantly to allow for drop occasioned by gravity, and air resistance) what is that angle at our vertex?

The same as the dangle angle ?
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Multiplied by the mass of the ass
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

because as we know we had to launch above our line of sight significantly to allow for drop occasioned by gravity, and air resistance

Line of sight is about 2 inches below the line of bore on my rifle. The bbl is pointed at an upward angle and the bullet passes through the line of sight at 39.4 meters (close zero) and again at 200m when I zero for chickens. When I zero for rams at, the bullet passes through the line of sight at 10.8 meters (close zero) and again at 500m. The high point is at 75m at 12.1 minutes.

I do hope that confuses most of you like it did me for many years. x_x
DanDeMan
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DanDeMan »

Snake wrote:Multiplied by the mass of the ass
For you mathanistas; those guys and gals that hangout at Starbucks; eat 3.1415 and drink C8H10N4O2:

"The angle of the dangle is equal to the square root of the heat of the meat."

Ram Momentum is where it's at, F' terminal energy, it's terminally dumb; and, rams know the difference. :P :P :P
Cheers,

Dan Theodore
Snake
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Snake »

Thanks for the assistance ....will someone help me to stop shaking like a dog trying to pass a peach pit b-(
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

It is the momentum, not the energy. How many people have you heard talk about that? Damn few.