Quick load

More expensive to feed, but worth it.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Quick load

Post by malinois »

Anybody ever tried this program and if so what do you think about.... The program is expensive so I am looking for some feed back on it.
ywltzucanrknrl
A Poster
A Poster

Re: Quick load

Post by ywltzucanrknrl »

I think it's a very good program and have used it a lot. If you have wildcats or odd calibers that you can't find data for it is very helpful. Velocities have been fairly close to what Quickload predicts when checked to a chronograph. It's also good because a lot of powders are available in the data base and Mr. Dillon offers updates for new powders. I've used it to develop loads for a 25BR, 8x56 Mannlicher and 8.15x46r among others. Much more comprehensive and versatile than loading manuals. Plus you can use dimensions from your wildcat cartridge if it's not listed in the data base.

Jon Carlisle
Cody, Wy.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Quick load

Post by malinois »

Thanks thats what I needed.... I use a Savage for my Hi-Power Silhouette shooting and now I am looking to play the extreme long range shooting game on the side also..... So I have a barrel on order for it and needed to work up loads for it... and its very uncharted territory for the big boy calibers thankfully I can just screw the barrel off and in minutes I have a completely diffrent animal and then back again to my silhouette barrel in minutes..!! Gotta love them Savage actions..