WTB synthetic Sil. stock for Match 54

Want to buy or want to sell.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

WTB synthetic Sil. stock for Match 54

Post by OnaginOffagin »

A few years ago, I sold a McMillian stock that I had for my Anschutz 1813, which in it would barely make weight. I shouldn't have. I now want to shoot my Kenyon barreled, match Anschutz in standard rifle again, but I need a synthetic stock, either Wooster, Pharr, or McMillan....
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: WTB synthetic Sil. stock for Match 54

Post by GSL »

HI ,
What class did you want to shoot ? Hunter or standard ? I have a hunter stock that weighs 2.5 lbs ready to go with
Anschutz trigger guard and buttplate ... I molded the cheekpiece and pistol grip for better fit ...
I do not use it because my sporter barreled action would not make weight , alas ...
Also what version action is your KENYON barreled action - he has been gone awhile ...

GSL .
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I need to make weight for a standard class..... which I doubt I can do with your stock if it can't make hunter weight.... I've got a Wooster stocked 1712 for hunter....

This is for a standard class gun..... I have what I think is an 1813 Anschutz Match 54 action, with a side, not a wing, safety..... with a Kenyon installed Hart stainless barrel that is straight profile but shortened, micing about ,910 inches in diameter..... I'll weigh the barreled action tomorrow. The attachment shows how the rifle used to look, before I foolishly sold the stock...... I can live with a sporter stock if it's similar to Pharr or Wooster....

What would you want for it.....? Got a picture?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GSL »

HI ,
GEEEZ , What a shame you sold that stock ... looks like a good 1 ...
Anyhow , I have a Wooster carbon fiber hunter stock that will fit a 1800 series action ...
I can't upload pics HERE ... I will gladly provide some pics to text or email .

GSL . 1(570) 730-3134
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

sent pm with my email,
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Just weighed my barreled action:

6.5 plus your 2.5 stock equals 9.0....... so we'd be in business. Depends on price..... (Be easy on me, I'm older than dirt, a Vietnam Veteran, who's been married twice.... I've suffered enough..... plus I have to travel to Pe Ell all the time with a guy who never misses anything! Can you imagine how hard that is on my self-image?) Lol......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GSL »

HI ,
I just sent an email ...
I really think that barreled action NEEDS a really good n light target like stock !
I personally would not put that metal in the stocks I have ...
hopefully we will talk later ...

GSL .
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

Well, okay..... I was just trying to see if I could save a little cash..... Steve W. will probably make one up with me, although in truth I doubt I would shoot it better than my 1712. I just hate having it lay around in the safe all summer... I only shoot it in gallery in a position stock....