WTB - Silhouette shooting vest Right Hand child (No Longer Req'd)

Want to buy or want to sell.
raenglehart
B Poster
B Poster

WTB - Silhouette shooting vest Right Hand child (No Longer Req'd)

Post by raenglehart »

Hey all,

While I've been lurking on the forum for a couple years (trouble getting my account activated). I have finally been granted access. My daughter (just turned 11 yrs old this weekend) is in need of a vest. She's a RH shooter, about 5' tall and probably 80lbs soaking wet. I'm hoping someone may have one lying around that is now too small for their use? Figure it's a long shot, but worth the question before going out and having one made. Although we've been doing small bore silhouette for going on 5 years now, she still working on the leap from bench to off-hand shooting. I'm not 100% she's in it for the long haul yet, but I know a vest will help her tremendously.

Thanks,
Roger
Last edited by raenglehart on Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shootmore
A Poster
A Poster

Re: WTB - Silhouette shooting vest Right Hand child

Post by shootmore »

Hi Roger,
If you find some let me know. We need one too, boy, age 12, 90lbs. Little fellow just won the 2018 B-class AZ State championship for Standard & Hunter rifle, beating all comers at four matches, dominating the Hunter class aggregate with a 58, 2nd place shot a 38,
and a personal best high score of 29/60. (sorry just had to brag a bit :ymblushing:)

Then again he beat Dads best score. Maybe I wont get him a jacket........... :D
shootmore
A Poster
A Poster

Post by shootmore »

He shoots a CZ455 cub. stock is kid size. About $370 at Buds gun shop. Started with the 16" barrel that came with it. Now he can hold a 20" barrel so we bought the CZ American barrel set (about $150). Installed in about 20 minutes. It bolts in with allen screws.

Or if you want a top of the line custom rifle contact Frank Carrillo. He makes quality custom silhouette rifles and understands kids needs. He has a few of his own that shoot. He had a very nice Anschutz custom silhouette rifle for sale at the AZ match this weekend for $2,900

Frank Carrillo
3553 Broken Arrow
El Paso, TX 79936
frank.carrillo <at> ddc-industries <dot> com
raenglehart
B Poster
B Poster

Post by raenglehart »

Man, I guess I never subscribed to my own post and sorta forgot about placing this WTB #-o
Great job on the shooting for the little fella!!

Wife ended up finding her a used vest from I don't even know where. While it's not a Silhouette vest per say, it's a start. Sooner or later, if we really get serious (and it's getting there), We will probably have one made to fit which seems to be common in our neck of the woods. My little one is still sporting a CZ452 scout, but this will be the final year for it I think. I have a full size CZ452 in waiting, just searching for the right scope combo. I don't really want to remove the scope from her Scout yet (Sightron 6-24x50), but I may have too eventually.

Roger