Great deal on a 1710 w/scope and rest (SCAM)

Want to buy or want to sell.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Great deal on a 1710 w/scope and rest (SCAM)

Post by acorneau »

Edited to add: This is a SCAM listing, read on for your own amusement only...

The seller doesn't want to ship so this is a great deal for anyone living in the Louisville, KY area.

Anschutz 1710 with a Weaver CT-36 scope and a Bald Eagle benchrest for only $1,000.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/9384580/l ... model-1710
Last edited by acorneau on Sun Jan 27, 2019 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Allen Corneau
Longbow
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Great deal on a 1710 w/scope and rest

Post by Longbow »

Allen. ANY gun sale on Armslist I ask for another pic or two with the seller showing his name and address and phone# in the pic with said rifle. Amazing how you will get no reply,or some lame excuse. Not saying this seller is a Scammer but the price here puts out possible SCAM. If the seller cannot meet my humble request...I report it to Armslist and give ad number as A Scam and have ad removed.To help trusting soles like yourself. I have been in driving distance of two different sales,when I got there phone# they would not let me come get the gun? Had to send money first? There address sent was to a girl friend that would receive $$$$ ? HMMMM..........
One other to catch a Scam, tell em you will have the closest Gun Shop receive gun and do all FFL and ship gun for you and you will pay for this....that never seems to go over to well either! Hope this long winded message helps at least one person on this Forum. Pete
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Every silhouette competitor knows what that rifle is. Anyone who would purchase that combination of scope, rings and rifle would sell it here on steelchickens if they did not pass it on to a silhouette shooter in the Louisville area. The legitimate deals our family members have done on armslist always had a phone number not just a e-mail. Longbow is giving good advice about picking the rifle up in person before forking over any money.
jcf3202
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jcf3202 »

Its a scam. That rifle is for sale at a dealer in NC listed on Guns International.
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Great deal on a 1710 w/scope and rest (SCAM)

Post by acorneau »

I've changed the thread title and my first post to reflect that it's a scam listing.

That being said, I personally got an extremely good deal when I purchased my rifle from someone out of state. Overall a better deal than the one I posted here. Pat Steiger can be my witness since he helped me decide to go through with the purchase.

Really, really good deals can be found, so don't be so quick to judge a good deal as a scam right off the bat. Do your due diligence and keep your eyes open to the possibility that it could be a scam.

/:)
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Great deal on a 1710 w/scope and rest (SCAM)

Post by atomicbrh »

A few times I have been ripped off and a few times I got good deals purchasing silhouette equipment. That 1710 is at fair market value with the accessories. However most silhouette competitors do not want that T36 or that expensive rest. Most now want a 2 stage trigger. Somebody here should buy it, sell the scope and rest and put that rifle and rings back in silhouette where it belongs.