Winchester 52D heavy barrel/Sold

Want to buy or want to sell.
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Winchester 52D heavy barrel/Sold

Post by cedestech »

I am fairly sure this is a parts gun. I understand CMP was selling barreled actions at one time and assume this was one... the bolt, trigger barreled action and stock don't seem to go together....

The barreled action looks to have been shot very little. It is US marked in electro pencil. There is one notable scratch on the bottom of the barrel (in pics). The rest of the barrel and receiver are very nice.
Inspecting the barrel and especially the leade with a borescope, there is almost no wear at 6 oclock.

Bolt has no number marks and appears to be as low time or no time before it was introduced to this action.

Trigger is used and shows wear/handling marks that don't correspond to the action condition. Works great and is set around a pound.

Stock is a raging POS.... (not quite but by most 52 collectors it is about as close to being a peice of 2X4 as you can get) It has numerous handling marks, gouges, rail and barrel tunners and rear sling attachment missing, trigger guard is scratched up, ill fitting butt pad.

No sights. It has weaver bases installed.

Good news is it's a shooter. I only tried up to SK Rifle match and at 50 yards it was a 1/4" group or less.

I have no real use for it, took it in on a trade.

$700 shipped CONUS, trades possible.

Gallery of pics.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2ipeul6k6/

Last edited by cedestech on Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Winchester 52D heavy barrel

Post by GSL »

HI EMMET ,
I sent an email

GSL
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

To answer a couple questions:

Barrel is 28", .870 at the muzzle and 1.055ish (not taking it out the the stock) at the receiver.

There is a picture of a round of SK SV that was chambered showing the engraving.

There is a picture of a struck shell.

Rifle weighs just over 10#'s.

Link to pictures.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2x23bxgmu/
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GSL »

Hi Emmett ,
I like the rifle ...
What might you be interested in for possible trades ?
GSL

Please call me later

1(570) 730-3134
cedestech

Re: Winchester 52D heavy barrel/Sold

Post by cedestech »

Sold locally.