FS: 1885 Win, Sharps, Hepburn & Borchardt Cartridge Seating Tools

Want to buy or want to sell.
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

FS: 1885 Win, Sharps, Hepburn & Borchardt Cartridge Seating Tools

Post by SSShooter »

Finally got a run of the cartridge seating tools made up for 1885 Win, Hepburn, Sharps & Borchardt actions. If you need bent to the right or left, put in a vise and use the hole in the handle of a large crescent or pipe wrench as it does not have a sharp edge like a piece of pipe has. The pin is a press-fit, so you can move it side-to-side as you wish.
Will be sold in the order that I receive a PM or e-mail for same. Insure you include the rifle action you want.
$53 shipped to you via Priority Mail in the USA. If you want more than one, the 2nd (or more) is $45 (each).
Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SSShooter on Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: FS: 1885 & Hepburn Cartridge Seating Tools

Post by Merlin »

Probably been 60 years since I have this but ... Cool Tool. Now I have to see if I can figure out what and how it is used for. :D
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

If you owned an 1885, Hepburn, Sharps, Borchardt or Ballard (which could be a Marlin Ballard) then you would know.

For those that do not know, these old single-shot designs generally shoot their best when the bullet is well engraved into the lands. One's thumb can only do so much of pushing the cartridge into the chamber and this tool is placed into the breech and the lever used to seat the cartridge such that the bullet is engaged well and the block closed. Also, when shooting BP there is a fair bit of fouling left in the barrel. This can also make the cartridge difficult to seat. This tool will overcome that problem. Don't leave home without it.
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

All seaters are in stock.
Last edited by SSShooter on Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by SSShooter »

Update - 1885 Win, 1874/78 Sharps, Hepburn and Borchardt seaters are all in stock. Just in time for Xmas.
Have a great holiday season, all.
SSShooter
B Poster
B Poster

Re: FS: 1885 Win, Sharps, Hepburn & Borchardt Cartridge Seating Tools

Post by SSShooter »

The 2021 season is almost upon us. After 2020 we'll take anything. Giving this a bump for 2021.
Good luck to all and have a great season.