Crazy Emmetts used rifle sales....

Want to buy or want to sell.
cedestech
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Crazy Emmetts used rifle sales....

Post by cedestech »

Out with the laying about in the back of the safe not getting shot to make space and maybe flip into something I will shoot more often... Both rifles will be at Beaumont for the regional next weekend.

First up, mid 70's Anshutz Sporter. It's a 54 action, 1700 series, think 1710 skinny barrel. The barrel is 24" long, thin and had iron sights on it like a 1710 DKL. It has a Monte Carlo roll over stock and 8-5 round mags (Savage repops) that have been adjusted to feed with out shaving the bullet under the one feeding or banging the nose of the bullet being fed. Has a single stage trigger and if you know the aprox height of rings you'd like to have I probably have some to go with it. I bought it because the price was right, the price was right because it had some serious cosmetic issues.... it had been beat up and neglected. To my surprise though, it had hardly been shot. Barrel is perfect on the inside with no wear at 6 o'clock in the leade. The stock had the thick varnish finish they used back then removed, all the dents steamed out and a couple gouges filled then had several coats of boiled linseed oil. The metal had some light frecking that was removed with steel wool and oil. Bluing is light around the muzzle. Everything was cleaned and reassembled. This is a perfect smaller persons/kids fist gun or even loaner. Rifle shoots well with SK Rifle Match. LOP is around 13.5" Steel was shot today with 5-10mph L-R wind at 105 yards.
$900 with 8 mags and a set of rings.

Next up is a 10/22... yes, I buy/build them, then they sit in the safe because I never shoot them.... This is no different.
Maker of the stock? I dunno... it is nice though. Generic receiver that was bead blasted. Bolt was headspaced around 45 thousands
I believe. It's stock spring, release and bolt catch. 20" hammer forged Ruger barrel. 5-10 round mags. Trigger is one of the trigger
builders on Ebay or RFC trigger. It's right about 2 pounds and has creep that isn't as bad shooting as when you stare at it pulling it.
Does have an overtravel screw installed. It's not a Kidd obviously. It shoots well with SK Rifle Match also.
Rifle and mags - $750

The steel Weaver T16 that has a Premier 3/4" dot reticle can be had with either rifle for $200 extra.... If I leave it on the 10/22 it'll
come with the Burris signature rings that it is installed with.

Let me know if there are any questions or different pictures I can get for you.
Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
WEJAM
Unclassified Poster

Re: Crazy Emmetts used rifle sales....

Post by WEJAM »

I'm interested in the 1710. Please contact me at 717-799-0718.

Thank you,
Stan
cedestech
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by cedestech »

It's NOT a 1710.... it's like a 1710, different trigger, Steel, single stage, not interchangeable with the aluminum body 1710/1712 triggers.
Will try to call this afternoon.
Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
cedestech
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by cedestech »

The Anschutz is sold.