CZ Silhouette / Varmint Stock bondoe'ed similar to Pharr.

Want to buy or want to sell.
Jetmugg
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

CZ Silhouette / Varmint Stock bondoe'ed similar to Pharr.

Post by Jetmugg »

I have a CZ 452 stock which started life as a factory CZ Silhouette stock. I bought it from a member of this board after he had opened up the barrell channel to accept a CZ 452 Varmint barrelled action.

I dropped my CZ 452 Varmint barrelled action into it, and then added some "kitty hair" bondo to build up the cheekpiece and forend. I added some hand moldable epoxy (PC-7) to the grip area, then painted the whole thing flat Olive Drab. It has had a poor man's pillar bedding job consisting of lamp ferrule and JB weld. My goal was to build a poor man's Pharr RT stock for the CZ 452 Varmint barrelled action. The shape is pretty good and well suited for both classes of Silhouette. The finishing leaves something to be desired, but it is fully functional.

In the meantime, I bought an Anschutz 1712, and put the CZ Varmint back to it's factory wood stock configuration.

I will send pics to any/all interested parties. I also have a CZ 452 Trainer stock which has had most of the factory finish stripped off. It is otherwise "factory". This was going to be the basis for my modified stock before I purchased the 452 Silo stock.

$75 for the Silo/Varmint/Poor Man's Pharr, $40 for the trainer, or $100 for the pair (all prices shipped).

SteveM.