SPF- McMillan Master Silhouette for Rem SA 700

Want to buy or want to sell.
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

SPF- McMillan Master Silhouette for Rem SA 700

Post by sobrbiker883 »

SPF 02/05/08

Like the title says, I'm looking to sell my McMillan Master Silhouette stock.
It has a 15oz (+/-) epoxied shot weight in the forearm. The weight is set in with bathroom caulk so it can be removed if not wanted.
There is a ding where the bolt has bumped the comb a few times upon removal and a ding or two in the paint from handling/racks.

Comes with trigger guard and action screws.

$300 shipped CONUS

Last edited by sobrbiker883 on Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

More detailed pics available, I can email them to interested folks.
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
Troy G
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Troy G »

Looks like it is inletted for a rem 700 but what is the LOP?
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

It is inletted for a 700, LOP 14.25-14.5, depending on where your trigger blade hangs.

This stock was purchased from a member here (I actually got it from his ad ad RFC.com though). It was originally pillar bedded for a 700 with a reverse taper Shilen barrel (I can't tell if the pillars are epoxy or alum from looking). I only opened the bedding up in the barrel area to fit my LTR's barrel, and as the rest of the action was properly supported, never rebedded it. If you use a 700 with a factory style safety, please note it will not be able to apply the safety (action fits fine with safety in the "off" position).

It shot sub moa with a factory LTR in it, so I didn't mess with it any more than adding the weight (removable) to the forend, and fitting the barrel.

Steve E