Kimber Hunter Silhouette for sale

Want to buy or want to sell.
gmd1950
B Poster
B Poster

Kimber Hunter Silhouette for sale

Post by gmd1950 »

Rifle is in excellent condition, I purchased used and have found I have no time to do the travel necessary to shoot Silhouette in my area. I have the case and factory target, the seal on the factory trigger has not been broken. Asking $700 and actual shipping charges .

More photos available, scope is not included, thanks for looking.

Gerald[/img]
gmd1950
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gmd1950 »

Is this a silly question, are the Kimbers not considered decent Silhouette rifles? I think the price is fair for the condition but not even a nibble. I don't post often here but I do come to read and learn my rating on RFC and Gunbroker are excellent.??
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

I've shot a Kimber HS and know they never got the recognition they deserved, and now they've dropped rimfire altogether. $700 is a good price, but there just isn't much demand. Most of the Kimber shooters I know have moved into an Anschutz 1712.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Without offering an opinion on anything other than price, the Kimber HS suffers from falling into a tough niche. Too expensive for a "starter rifle" and not inexpensive enough to make a person shopping for a high end rimfire turn away from buying an Anschutz. And of course, there is the fact that Kimber has dropped them from the lineup.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

then there was the challenge of inconsistent accuracy from unusually finicky barrels...

went head to head in price with the Sako Finnfire and was significantly more expensive than a CZ. They did indeed find themselves in a tough spot.
gmd1950
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gmd1950 »

I appreciate the replies folks, lets me know what I'm up against, thanks!
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete A. »

I suggest that your price is fair but that the 'right buyer" simply hasn't found your gun. Tax Refund checks & "Stimulus Package" checks are just starting to arrive.

"Good things come to those who wait".

Pete A.
gmd1950
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gmd1950 »

Hello folks still trying to find this rifle a new home, interesting trades considered, yada-yada.

Gerald
gmd1950
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gmd1950 »

Thanks for all your attention folks epecially Blau Bear, rifle has been traded.

Gerald