Wanted: Precision Air Rifle

Want to buy or want to sell.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Wanted: Precision Air Rifle

Post by Jason »

I somehow went from taking my daughter to air rifle leagues on Tuesday nights to shooting a borrowed rifle in them, too. It's turning out to be a barrel of fun and I have decided to pick up my own air rifle instead of shooting the borrowed one so that I can set it up to fit me. I'm leaning toward a PCP since we already have the air tanks and such for my Marauder and her Challenger 2009. I am looking for something similar to this one but don't need the scuba tanks.

Anschutz 8002 CA ALU for sale on CMP Forums
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=105549

Anyone got something like that for sale or know of someone who does? If so, let me know. Thanks!
kevinkunkle
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Wanted: Precision Air Rifle

Post by kevinkunkle »

PM sent.

Kevin
olcatskinner
Unclassified Poster

Post by olcatskinner »

Hi Jason, I have a Feinwerkbau 300S, quite nice condition that I would like to sell. This is a sidelever cocking rifle. Will sell for $525.00 including shipping to lower 48. Thank you, Steve e-mail is rsz9391@gmail.con phone is 406 837-0672
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks, but I'm leaning toward a PCP gun for now. To clarify based on a couple other offers that I've had here also, I'm looking for a 10 meter gun in 177 caliber.
EL PUMA
B Poster
B Poster

Post by EL PUMA »

Jason
I have a Feinwerkbau P70 that has been a closet queen for 4 years been fired 100 pellets. PM if interested.
Jose Luis
jfaaa
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jfaaa »

How about another Crosman Challenger? More details by e-mail if you are interested.

Jim
eskuri
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eskuri »

Jason, Have you tried the Yellow forum classified section? 10 meter pcp rifles occasionally show up there.
Here's the link: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79574/
eskuri
B Poster
B Poster

Post by eskuri »

Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Jose Luis, I don't really know much about the P70 models. I sent you a PM with a couple questions.

Jim, I'll pass on another Challenger. The rifle that I get may end up being something that my daughter can use when she switches to precision rifle more seriously. In the meantime, those are very small and light for me to be using. :)

Eric, I'm keeping an eye on those two classified sections already, but haven't seen anything come up that got me excited. Thanks!
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Best chance of finding a high end 10m rifle will be to watch the classified on TargetTalk like a hawk. They come up there more than any other place. I haven't been monitoring them lately but I have had success getting what I wanted with WTB ads on both the Yellow and TargetTalk. Be aware of scammers if you run WTB as they have been using others pics from the web to send to the potential buyer using a well known and trusted forum members name. I love my 8002 S2 :D

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

I've had great luck with Target Talk as well. http://www.targettalk.org/ More precision air and SB position shooters there.
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Pm sent
Commander in Chief, F Troop
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks to all who replied. I found a rifle. It should be here tomorrow.
dustinflint
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by dustinflint »

Jason wrote:I somehow went from taking my daughter to air rifle leagues on Tuesday nights
Jason, now that you've found a rifle I feel more comfortable hijacking your thread. Can you tell me what the air rifle league is all about? Indoor or outdoor? Course of fire? Targets? How much participation are you guys getting?

Dustin
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

It's not silhouette-related, other than hopefully keeping my skill up since I'll be shooting at least once a week. Our air rifle leagues are shot with match air rifles using sights at paper targets at 10 meters. There are those who use the full jacket/pants/boots/glove/shooting glasses outfit, but I only have a glove and a second-hand jacket. In the spring league, we shoot at single-bull targets (I forget the target #) that have be swapped between shots with little target pulley systems. We have 30 minutes to shoot 20 shots for score. In the fall league that is just starting, we will be shooting at 12-bull (2 for sighters, 10 for score) targets. I think the target number for this one is AR-5/10. There will also be 20 shots for score each week in the fall league. This will be my first fall league, so I'm not sure if we'll be shooting two shots at each scoring bull or if we'll be shooting two targets with one shot at each scoring bull on each with target change in the middle.

The first couple of weeks are used to establish averages for each shooter, and then those averages are used to determine handicaps to have teams compete against each other. That lets new juniors compete with seasoned experts, and everyone between them, and everyone has fun. We divided everyone into three teams, so each week one team will get 2 points, one team will get 1 point, and the last team will get zero points. It worked so well in the spring league that all three teams went into the last match in a dead tie for points over the season. I don't remember exact attendance counts, but I think there were around 10 shooters there consistently with a few others that came occasionally.