Ammo prices going up

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Ammo prices going up

Post by Bob259 »

FYI,

Just the news you
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Thank you for the heads-up, Bob,

I ordered a case of SK Std. last Sunday night.

Now... how do I explain ANOTHER case of ammo to my wife?
:shock:
Joaquin B
jhmartin
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jhmartin »

Jake ... look at the topic .... it's really simple ... since prices are going up, you just saved some money!
Joaquin B
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Joaquin B »

Yup, just like she saves me tons of money when she buys shoes on sale... that she wears once... :wink:
Joaquin B
jhmartin
B Poster
B Poster

Post by jhmartin »

See .... fair's fair .... you only shoot the rimfire cartridges once too!
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

My wife's a business major so I was kind of surprise when I had to explain to her the Spend To Save principle.

I explained that if she tells me she bought the shoes because she was going to save so much money then she ought to come home with cash she took plus the money she saved. In other words she should show a profit. Otherwise she is Spending To Spend.

The difference between buying shoes on sale and buying ammo is the principle of Buying To Buy. This means I;m going to buy the ammo now or I'm going to buy it later. Now is cheaper than later so I'm buying now.

This doesn't make her any happier and she won't forget it when she wants the bathroom redecorated but it does stop the nonsense for a little while.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Ok Dave,
Here's what you do with a business major. Surely she understands the logic that manhours spent finding the best price of ammo is worth something so therefore do not waste those manhours already spent pursuing the best price, buy when you have found them.

We all have been told time is valuable.

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

What always has fascinated me is how if I (the evil husband) spend anything larger than a $20 on a hobby item I have to account for it and justify my need for said item. Now if I step that up to say spending $500 or more on a hobby item I catch 30 kinds of hell about it if I happened to forget mentioning my purchase to her prior to making it. Thus she thinks automatically I went ahead and got it without the consultation because I knew had I asked in the 1st place she would have said no, your crazy or something along those lines. and she would be right thats exactly why I went ahead and got it, might as well only take heat for getting if after the fact instead of heat for mentioning you even want it only to never get it afterwards.

Now here is where is gets tricky. You can have just gotten reamed for your purchase and be in the dog house big time. Yet, if you go out and buy her something shiny or whatever you know she wants to make up for your earlier purchasing indiscretion that always seems to be just fine. So long as it cost as much if not more than your item of course. So in the end you have spent 2x's as much to get your one item and now all of sudden everything is cool. Amazing how that works.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

buy her something shiny
Dee that something shiny is highly polished brass right? Or has at least a Browning or Weatherby finish to it...

Innocent

Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Hmmm.. I think, if a certain someone plays her cards right, I'm seeing some shiny new jewelry in the form of brass earrings and possibily a bracelet and necklace in their future. All in the calibre of that special someones choice of course. :lol: 8)
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

All in the calibre of that special someones choice of course
Bob,
I quote my CPA's exgirlfriend Big Red.."Any woman will tell size doesn't matter but offer them a choice and see which one they take first."

Now I tend to think along the lines that size matters depending on the situation for example shooting rats in the avairy at wee hours of the morning calls for CB caps (the neigbors don't hear a thing), or p-dog shooting requires a little more speed but can still be done effectively with 222. Elephants might need a bit more along the lines of 416 Rigby or so.

Innocent

Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

:shock:
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Now Bob why would you be shocked? Do not forget my SC name, and the fact that even the Kitty has posted pictures of me barefoot.

Innocent

dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Dee's right. I brought home a an antique cup and saucer from Missoula. "Look, Honey, what I got for you. I had to drive half way across Montana for it." Seemed to work. The trick is to get maximum Brownie Points for minimum cost.

Two other principles taught to me by an old friend can apply here: 1. Negociation and, 2. The Dog House Rule.

"Marriage is the Art of Negotiation." said my wise friend. "You have to know what to give up in order to get what you want."

According to the Dog House Rule, you are only in the Dog House as long as you choose to stay there. If my spouse decides I'm in the Dog House then I feel free to go to the range and practice or maybe go the garage and build something.

dwl
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

You are very wise dwl. It can be foolish to stand and fight...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ