cci paper box alternitive?

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

cci paper box alternitive?

Post by silhouette13 »

hi folks,
i have been shooting cci std velocity in the paper bx for a while and really nothing shoots that much better out of my cz 452 that is even close in cost.
wolf is right there so is rws match rifle, eps eley is more than my blue coller can swing.
my dilema is that my local gun store has run out of the paper box stuff and the plastic bx stuff is DIFFRENT and 9 bucks a brick more cash

any one have any luck with the aguilla, perhaps golden eagle target?

really anything 23$ a brick or less worth a dang?my belief is that most rf ammo will hit the target if i do my part so more trigger time will offset MINOR accuracy issues.

help me

please help me.

handsome dave
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Ammunition makes a huge difference! For budget ammunition try Eley Sport, around $16 for 500, or Federal Automatch AM22, about $12 per box of 325. Of the two, I would prefer the Automatch because it burns cleaner and is readily available, but Sport is good for the price.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: cci paper box alternitive?

Post by Bob259 »

silhouette13 wrote:hi folks,
any one have any luck with the aguilla, perhaps golden eagle target?

help me
please help me.
handsome dave
Well Dave.... I shoot SK but lots of folks here are shooting the Eley Sport ($135.00 for 5,000 at Champions Shooters Supply - http://www.championshooters.com/index-ssl.html ) like BlauBear said you can't beat the price. I just got a case of it for our indoor shooting and it shoots fine there. I also use Golden Eagle Target for CMP SB matches with good results. A friend with a CZ in getting half dollar size or less groups at 100M with Eley Sport. It's made in Mexico by Aquilla for Eley and would bet it's the same as there SE. There are about 7 shooters here in our area using it now because of the price. The only problem I ever had with it is in a tight match chamber you get some rounds where it's hard to close to bolt on, but it shoots VERY well for the price.
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

thanks guys,

on a lark i tried some fed bulh from walmart and my wifes contender likes it ,my cz dont.

i will try some eley sport.any guess on the advertised muzzle velocity?

smallbore is king and i am its humble servant

dave
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

is the eley sport which is made by aguilla the same components as the aguilla std vel ? they have the same vel are the bullets themselves the same?

my primary issue is thati want to shoot the same ammo and if i run out i want to be able to find it fast.my local guy has sport most of the time and the std vel aguilla now and then if they are interchangable that will help me make some choices.

thanks for your help.

h.d.
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

I believe it is the same as the SE, around 1150 FPS
glocker17
B Poster
B Poster

Post by glocker17 »

Sil 13-

If you have a FFL person in your area they can order the CCI paper box for you from Jerrys Sports. They have it in the recent flyer for $1.40bx if you buy in case quantities. I might pick some up myself
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

why the need to get my FFL involved in a ammo purchase? Or is Jerrys a dealer only wholesaler? I would like to get a case or more of the paper stuff myself. From everything I have heard its as good as more high $ stuff for the most part. I find the CCI Blazer very consistent as well but its a little hot @1255 fps. Midway has it listed @ 1080 but I called and told them its wrong. They told me we use manufactures specs and I said its still wrong, my chrony tells me so :) So be warned if you notice the Blazer marked as 1080 its not, but it is a good cheap practice round I will use for the money and I believe it uses the same bullet as the paper box CCI a Federal IIRC.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
glocker17
B Poster
B Poster

Post by glocker17 »

Dee

Jerrys requires a FFL and/or a state tax ID for other than gun sales.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

For years I frustrated myself with trying to buy .22 ammo locally. Invaribley, whatever ammo I needed would be unavailable when I truly needed it.

My suggestion would be to find out what your gun likes and then order at least a case of it.

I sold my wife on this plan by convincing her it would save money. She is a champion shopper and understood completely!
Mark