Bad wolf, bad!

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Bad wolf, bad!

Post by sobrbiker883 »

I just wanted to convey an experience I had recently with some funky Wolf MT. I have been using this in my CZ 452, my Savage Annie Mark 10D, and most recently my 64MSR.

The past couple of matches I have noticed some crap rounds in this lot. Shooting pigs and chickens, things seem fine. Turkeys, I thought it was me, but at Rams I've had twice where my shots were nailing the bank below the rail at Rams.

Last match I nailed Ram#1, then the berm, thought I pulled it or something, then the berm again on ram #3. DAMN, it is the ammo! Previous match I took some kidding that I was blaming the ammo for my poor shooting, but I dialed 8 miuntes above my usual 100m zero to get back on the animals, missed a couple (all me), then the ammo returned to firing normally, and I sent them way over their backs!!

After I calmed down (was a bit perturbed, because got 0 turkeys even though half felt like good shots, and now a wasted bank of rams, arghhh!), I borrowed a friends SK Match and did fine.

Now I am left with 450rds I don't trust, I guess they'll feed my 22 pistols for plinking.

I am going to give the Wolf MT another try, because two days before the match I had ordered 1000 from Champ's Choice. The bunk lot I have came from Midway and was even packaged differently (Flaps on the end of the brick box, whereas the CC Wolf has a top flap). I'm crossing my fingers the new lot is good.

BTW-lot# on the crappola was 10042-1574

Just thought I'd share.
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E