Is this for real?

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
dwainasaurus
Unclassified Poster

Is this for real?

Post by dwainasaurus »

Is this for real? I my buddy sent me this link. I checked and we are not even close to April first.

http://www.gunblast.com/Paco.htm

Maybe it makes total sense but I can't see myself putting live .22 ammo into a chamber like device and hitting it with a hammer..
Last edited by dwainasaurus on Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
saikatana

is this for real ?

Post by saikatana »

YES!!!!!!!!
Guys on rimfire central swear that this is a great tool. It forms the bullet to a perfectly round shape, and slightly upsets the diameter to fit the barrel a little snugger. A lot of shooter think this is a great way to modify low cost ammo to minimize a few variables.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

Sounds like the basis of another article. Send me $35 and I'll get started on the copy. I don't mind whacking live ammo with a hammer - seen Bugs Bunny do it all the time and he's no worse for the wear. :wink:

Honestly, I might give it a try just to see if you can improve a $15/brick enough to justify not buying a $35/brick for good practice sessions.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Hey man.. if you try this, brint it to one of the Tacoma shoots and I'll try it on a few types of ammo I have to see if it helps. :)