Book review, 'Rifleman's Guide to Rimfire Ammunition'

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

Book review, 'Rifleman's Guide to Rimfire Ammunition'

Post by Pete A. »

Just picked up a copy of "Rifleman's Guide to Rimfire Ammunition" by Steven Boelter yesterday. I'm a sucker for new books on shooting.

IMHO this is a well put together discussion of just about every 22 ammo I've seen out there. Can't find many I've shot that aren't covered.

Most of his comments and test bear fairly closely to my own experience with many varied 22 ammo. As he discusses there will be some varations as he mostly used top flight equipment with match chambers. Some ammo does better/worse with tight/loose chambers.

Have not read the whole book but have yet find anything I strongly disagree with so far. Some differences on a small effects on some ammos but overall.

At less than the cost of a decent brick of ammo it is worth the invesment.

Pete A.
_Shorty
A Poster
A Poster

Post by _Shorty »

This book's been out for quite some time. Highly recommended. Email Steve and I bet he'll sell you a signed copy direct.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Already have a heavily thumbed copy and hope Steve comes out with a revised edition soon!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
_Shorty
A Poster
A Poster

Post by _Shorty »

I seem to recall, at around the time it was released, that he was already thinking about doing so. Not sure if he kept on that route or not. My copy's threatening to fall apart from looking at it every now and then, too, hehe.