Green Tag

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Green Tag

Post by kevinpagano »

Has anyone had any luck with CCI Green Tag ammo.

Kevin
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

wanna go halves on a case of SK Jagd... $215 a case from shooters choice is what I heard today....

I have never been impressed with any CCI ammunition for the .17 or my .22 mag, I don't see where this would be any better.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

kevinp,

If you want to use CCI go to the standard, cost less and I have had better luck, try and find the stuff in the paper box it seemed to be better.
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

KoldKut,

careful with the SK. some of it is very good. some not. i use SK Match 50 for big competitions... extremely good. have tried SK Standard Plus and Rifle Match with not much luck. Doesn't mean you can't find a good lot but i don't think you can assume you will get one. I've had pretty good luck with Golden Eagle Target. about $195/case delivered.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

KoldKut,

careful with the SK. some of it is very good. some not. i use SK Match 50 for big competitions... extremely good. have tried SK Standard Plus and Rifle Match with not much luck. Doesn't mean you can't find a good lot but i don't think you can assume you will get one. I've had pretty good luck with Golden Eagle Target. about $195/case delivered.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

You can say that again... :lol:
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

Thanks guys, I will go and buy a bunch of different kinds. Try them all on a bench.

Kevin
ajj
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by ajj »

I read somewhere, some time ago, that Green Tag is Standard that tested a little better in the factory guns. That usually means that lot-to-lot variance will be more important to your rifle than the label. Try to buy test boxes from lots which will be available if you want to rush back and get a a case or two.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by kevinpagano »

AJJ, thanks for the info. I am ordering a variety of ammo soon. I will do more thorough testing then. I wish you could get more variety at the local level. Very few stores have anything but real cheap or CCI. I won some Dyn target this weekend so I will try that stuff too.

Kevin

Post by Guest »

fasdgfagfagfa
sshooter
Unclassified Poster

Post by sshooter »

I tired a lot of different ammo in my rifle. The CCI Green Tag and CCi 40 gr standard velocity worked best for me. THey shot remarkeably similar and the standard stuff was 1/2 as much money.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

CCI

Post by dwl »

One thing to be aware of, CCI Standard and Green tag has a very thick waxy lube on it. This can make it difficult to use in a tight chamber.

dwl