SK Std Plus vs. Wolf MT

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

SK Std Plus vs. Wolf MT

Post by Travelor »

Everything I read on the Forums indicated that these two are the "same" ammo, just packaged differently. In shooting these two, I have noted the SK Std + to shoot with less drop that the Wolf (maybe just barrel harmonics), so I started doing a little investigating - thinking it was just the difference in production lots that caused this.

However, it researching the two, I have found that the SK Standard Plus bullet is shown to weight 39 grains and the Wolf Match Target bullet is shown to weigh 40 grains. Therefore, it does not appear to be the same ammo, just packaged differently.

Thoughts?
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

I think SK Match is the same as Wolf MT (or maybe ME).
That's what I was told at Bruno's when they were out of Wolf and sold me SK Match. SK match is exactly same price as Wolf ME at Champion's as well.

Isn't it also the same ammo as Lapua Club Extra?
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
nanaimoman
B Poster
B Poster

Post by nanaimoman »

sobrbiker883 wrote:I think SK Match is the same as Wolf MT (or maybe ME).
That's what I was told at Bruno's when they were out of Wolf and sold me SK Match. SK match is exactly same price as Wolf ME at Champion's as well.

Isn't it also the same ammo as Lapua Club Extra?
I thought it was also, however when I asked my supplier this was the info he got right from Lapua. This is a paste from his email to me.
Hope this helps

"" The Wolf ammo which you guys wanted is not in any way related
to the Lapua Co. I finally got this answer from my Lapua contact.
She told me that the company is California based with the ammo
being made in Russia and Germany then imported to U.S.A. ""
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

I think there's more to it than the your supplier lets on (or knows):

From Nammo Lapua:

[quote]In August 1998 Patria Industries Oyj, Celsius AB of Sweden and Raufoss ASA of Norway signed an agreement concerning the establishment of a Nordic Ammunition Group, the Nammo Group. The operations of the Group began in the summer of 1998. In Finland the Nammo Group comprises Nammo Lapua Oy. Following operations were transferred to Nammo Lapua Oy:

* Lapua Ammunition plant
* SK Jagd- und Sportmunitions GmbH

* Product rights of Vammas Defencetec Oy, concerning medium caliber cartridges
* Some functions in Jysk
Usually shooting scores right in class, too bad its the class below my classification!

Steve E
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by sobrbiker883 »

Oh by the way from ChampionShooters site:
Wolf RIMFIRE cartridges are manufactured in Germany in the SK Jagd-und ammunition factory. Wolf's "Match Gold" is the top of the line ammunition produced at the SK factory. There inexpensive "Match Target" ammunition is one of the best values on the market today as it shoots very well for its cost.
There seems to be more than a link between the three..........

Steve E
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Wolf in Lapua Clothing

Post by shakes »

I just ordered a case of Wolf MT through a local supply house and the box it came has Wolf Match Target stamped on the side with the lot number and such but the interesting thing is the big black LAPUA on the box. It's not stamped on, its printed on when the box was made. So maybe Wolf and SK come from Lapua. From what I've got before me that seems to be the case.
carl425
A Poster
A Poster

Post by carl425 »

I've been told by a couple sources that Wolf Match Extra is SK Match and Wolf Match Target is SK Standard Plus.
sobrbiker883
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Wolf in Lapua Clothing

Post by sobrbiker883 »

shakes wrote:I just ordered a case of Wolf MT through a local supply house and the box it came has Wolf Match Target stamped on the side with the lot number and such but the interesting thing is the big black LAPUA on the box. It's not stamped on, its printed on when the box was made. So maybe Wolf and SK come from Lapua. From what I've got before me that seems to be the case.
-that seems to be a Lapua/Wolf link if I've seen one!

Nice avatar shakes, you been peeking though my scope?

Steve E