CCI Paper Box Std Vel @ Dicks'

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Pete A.
A Poster
A Poster

CCI Paper Box Std Vel @ Dicks'

Post by Pete A. »

Am on a sales trip through TX, LA, AR, TN (hard to practice). Was getting low on my beloved Fed 714 so stopped in several Dick's Sporting Goods. Also stopped at 2 smaller gun shops, they also had decent ammo supplies.

ALL HAD 22 AMMO! Maybe not the selection we'd like but there was 22 ammo to be had. So the plinkers/hunters/beginners are safe.

Only one; Jackson, TN, had my Fed 714. All report that they doubt that there will be any more of the Fed in the future.

All had some inventory of the CCI paperbox Std Velocity @ 24.95/brick. They say each store gets 1-2 cases a week, which was plenty a year ago. Now though they are seeing a much less "buy it all" purchases. Some stores are limiting sales to 1-2 bricks a customer/day. However with a NRA score book or similar they will allow larger purchases. With a bit of friendly persuasion you may (can't promise as real "salesmanship" is required) also get a discount with quantities. Almost enought to defray TN's 9.25% sales tax.

With this very limited market survey I'd predict full shelves soon as it seems much of the rush has subsided.

Pete A.
malinois
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: CCI Paper Box Std Vel @ Dicks'

Post by malinois »

I hope so....I have started to shoot the airguns a lot more to save the ammo for the matches...hope the supply comes back as my 22 ammo supply is low. I am not shooting center fire at the moment powder is to hard to find, I have a bit but same as the rimfire will save it for the matches.