Old Eley white box Silhouette ammo

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
chuck d
A Poster
A Poster

Old Eley white box Silhouette ammo

Post by chuck d »

I know they discontinued this ammo, but was lucky (?) enough to find 1500 rounds. I find it shoots great (on paper).
My question;
1. anyone know of any place with any hanging on a shelf?
2. Whats the best equivelent available? I know I'll have to try in my guns, but there must be something close- the stuff seems to be pretty good.
3. Why'd they stop making it- Eley run by the US goverment- if it works screw with it?

thanks
chuck
Last edited by chuck d on Sun May 31, 2009 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Old Eley white box Silhouette ammo

Post by BlauBear »

At the time, Cathy Winstead-Severin (sp? sorry if I got it wrong!) said Eley was just consolidating similar lines and recommended Target Rifle as the closest current product. At the time I was using Practice and Silhouex, probably the same thing you just discovered. Good stuff. Target has also worked well so don't get too nostalgic!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I have gotten great groups with white box. I wish they still made it.
thskeer
A Poster
A Poster

Post by thskeer »

Call Dennis DeMille at Creedmoor Sports in Oceanside CA. He has about half a case in stock, clearanced at 4.99 per box down from 7.99 per box, per their website. I just ordered a brick, and once this half case is gone, who knows where you'll find anymore!

Tom