ELEY WHITE RABBIT HV HP 22 LR

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

ELEY WHITE RABBIT HV HP 22 LR

Post by 22 man »

Thought I would give this a try. Not sure if any of you ever used Eley White Rabbit for your matches but it has been discontinued and I use it Squirrel hunting if you have any of it or Lapua HV HP sitting around and do not need it let me know, I would like to buy some before it is all gone.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: ELEY WHITE RABBIT HV HP 22 LR

Post by Jerry G »

I'm not an Eley expert but I thought the box color was the key to what the ammo was, not what was printed on the box. The white box which they no longer make has gone by many names in the past. If you have a big enough order, they will put your name on it.
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22 man »

Jerry G wrote:I'm not an Eley expert but I thought the box color was the key to what the ammo was, not what was printed on the box. The white box which they no longer make has gone by many names in the past. If you have a big enough order, they will put your name on it.
If Neal Steep at ISS cannot get them to make some for him to sell I doubt they will make some for me :lol: As far as I know the color of the box has nothing to do with this round.
[img]http://i164.photobucket.com/albums ... .jpg[/img]
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I was refering to Eley, not all ammo manafactures. I have seen some real strange labels on some boxes of Eley.
kevinkunkle
B Poster
B Poster

Post by kevinkunkle »

22 man,

Hi, I have some White Rabbit if your still looking.

Takecare Kevin
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22 man »

Sorry I just saw this I am interested if you still have it. Give me a Call 417-353-9071
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22 man »

STILL LOOKING FOR WHITE RABBIT OR LAPUA HV HP
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22 man »

Still looking \:D/ .
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22 man »

STILL LOOKING \:D/
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Re: ELEY WHITE RABBIT OR LAPUA HV HP

Post by 22 man »

I am still interested in buying any small amounts you might have. I am really in need of some more Lapua HV HP if you have some!!!!!
steve b.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by steve b. »

22 Man,

Make your own. Go over to RFC and search out the D-Rock bullet modifier, and pick one up. Then, go track down some Eley or SK high-velocity - Eley sells fact Tenex and Black Match - and make them into hollow points.

I modified some SK high velocity and it works great! You can also do the same with RWS high velocity.

s.
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22 man »

steve b. wrote:22 Man,

Make your own. Go over to RFC and search out the D-Rock bullet modifier, and pick one up. Then, go track down some Eley or SK high-velocity - Eley sells fact Tenex and Black Match - and make them into hollow points.

I modified some SK high velocity and it works great! You can also do the same with RWS high velocity.

s.
Thanks for the advice I am well aware of the D-Rock (look some of my pictures up over on Rimfire) ;) I prefer my EABCO , I think you might want to do some research on Tenex and Black box they are standard velocity not High Velocity and honestly my 54 Sporter shoots the White Rabbit ALOT better than the Tenex or Black Box. It shoots Lapua even better.
steve b.
A Poster
A Poster

Post by steve b. »

22 Man,

I assure you, there is Tenex that is fast. It's above 1100fps when tested at the Eley factory. Since the same machines make both Tenex and Match, there is "fast" Match as well. I have quite a bit of both (no, I don't sell ammunition).

When I wrote my first book on rimfire ammunition, The Rifleman's Guide to Rimfire Ammunition, I stumbled across the Eley Tenex fast. It's on page 86. It had a muzzle velocity of 1246 fps in my test rifle. There is a photo of the box, a photo of the side of the box showing the high tested velocity, and then all the supporting test data.

Also, Since SK is make on the same machines that Lapua is, it would be worth your while to check out the SK High Vel.

There is nothing magical about the high velocity HP ammunition from Eley and Lapua, and further the HP design is fairly crude and can be easily replicated. You are right in that more than likely you will not be seeing any more of the High Vel HP ammunition from Eley. Same with Lapua.
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

steve b. wrote:When I wrote my first book on rimfire ammunition, The Rifleman's Guide to Rimfire Ammunition
Does this mean there's a second one?! :ymhug:
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis
22 man
B Poster
B Poster

Post by 22 man »

Steve I have now tried 4 different lots of the Sk HV HP and although I will eventully use them they will not produce anywhere near the groups of the Lapua HV HP Black or White Rabbit in my 54 Sporter or 1700 FWT.
steve b. wrote:22 Man,

I assure you, there is Tenex that is fast. It's above 1100fps when tested at the Eley factory. Since the same machines make both Tenex and Match, there is "fast" Match as well. I have quite a bit of both (no, I don't sell ammunition).

When I wrote my first book on rimfire ammunition, The Rifleman's Guide to Rimfire Ammunition, I stumbled across the Eley Tenex fast. It's on page 86. It had a muzzle velocity of 1246 fps in my test rifle. There is a photo of the box, a photo of the side of the box showing the high tested velocity, and then all the supporting test data.

Also, Since SK is make on the same machines that Lapua is, it would be worth your while to check out the SK High Vel.

There is nothing magical about the high velocity HP ammunition from Eley and Lapua, and further the HP design is fairly crude and can be easily replicated. You are right in that more than likely you will not be seeing any more of the High Vel HP ammunition from Eley. Same with Lapua.