Fiochi

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
kevinpagano
AA Poster
AA Poster

Fiochi

Post by kevinpagano »

Ran across some of this ammo this week match stuff $50.00 per brick of 500. Anyone have any experience with this ammo??

Kevin
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Fiochi

Post by dwl »

Kevinp;

I acquired some of the Fiochi 320V with the 541S I bought. I seems a bit faster that the SK Standard Plus but I have shot it with my standard elevations. It worked.

I haven't put it on paper as my supply is limited to about 400 rounds. The prior owner used them to shoot matches in cold weather and claims the gun likes them very much.

Test yours and let us know what happens. I'll be testing my and some Lapua Master in the next month or so.

dwl
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I have the older Fiocchi and my guns LOVE IT, but alas, I'm running out and I'm not going to find it in a pawn shop again for $12/brick I'd bet....
ImageImage
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Results

Post by dwl »

I had some time the other evening to test some 22 rimfire with the following results:

Aguila Super Extra 2.03
Fiocchi 320V 1.29
Eley Practice 1.14
SK Std Plus (10 shots) 1.3
SK Std Plus (5 shots) 0.84

These groups were shot on 7/12/06, 17:00 apx at Logan UT. Wind was dead calm. I didn't measure temperature but it was in the mid 90s. Gun was Kimber 22 with Leupold 6.5-20 EFR.

Now the qualifiers. I am not an experienced benchrest shooter and I don't think I shot each ammo type as good as it might have been, in particular the Eley, Fiocchi and Aguila. The gun was shot off of bags. I started watching how the gun recoil and began to change my hold during the testing to reduce the amount the gun moved during recoil. I started with a loose hold and finished with a firm hold.

The Auila was my first group and deserves a second chance but I've got to get some more Eley and Aguila to do so. The SK Std Plus five and ten shot were my last two groups.

At this point I have ordered a case of SK Stad Plus and will shoot that as long as the warm weather continues. I'll test the SK and Fiocchi again when it cools down because of my concerns regarding SK grouping in cold weather.

Next on the list is Lapua Master and some more grades of Eley and SK. If you've any other suggestions let me know and I'll report the results. Warning: Do this at home. The shooter is an untrained amaeture.

dwl

Thanks to Chuck for springing for a box of Aguila and doing well at Ridgeway, even with your usual spotter.
LH2
B Poster
B Poster

Post by LH2 »

I know this is an old thread, but what the heck...

I tried some Fiocchi SM320 along with a couple other brands today and was surprised how much faster the Fiocchi seemed. At 100 yards I had to adjust elevation up 3 moa to catch it after being sighted in for SK SP.

Unfortunately it wasn't very accurate out of my CZ compared to others I've tried.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Post by mordecai »

I'm kinda partial to the RWS now - mostly because it's shooting clean and pretty straight.
ImageImage