SK rifle match

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
pigdog72
B Poster
B Poster

SK rifle match

Post by pigdog72 »

has anyone uesed this ammo I see some benchreset shooters useing it around my area they all say it's very good and it's on the cheap side of things :shock: shot some groups at 50 and they were real good going to try 100 and see how it goes that will be the test..
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: SK rifle match

Post by shakes »

Its very good, but as with all .22 ammo it really depends if your gun likes it. Go buy a couple of boxes before you buy a brick and see how she does. :D
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
pigdog72
B Poster
B Poster

Post by pigdog72 »

will do am i still getting my new stock or did you hide it under your bed so steve can't find it
new stock
new barrel
new ammo
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

pigdog72 wrote:will do am i still getting my new stock or did you hide it under your bed so steve can't find it
new stock
new barrel
new ammo
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

=)) :)) :ymdevil:
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

When you try different ammo, be sure to clean all of the lube out before you change brands. Make sure you fire enough rounds into the dirt to season the bbl before you go to paper. I don't know if size matters but, lube does matter.
TOP PREDATOR
A Poster
A Poster

Post by TOP PREDATOR »

i love the sk, very comparable to the wolf (many say the same as they are made in the same factory, but there is a FPS differnce between the sk plus and match and the wolf match and extra match) and lower price.

i'm also impressed by aguila golden eagle match rifle, as it's comparable and just slightly larger group size to both sk and wolf through my rifles at half the price. with the amount of antyicipated shooting and matches i'm doing this year, the aguila is working out better financially both as a practice and match round. i used the aguila last year along with the sk and wolf, my scores average 1 hit less with the aguila than the sk and wolf at the end of the season.
"a craftsman can't realize his full potential, without finding the potential of the tools he uses...."
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hawk-1 »

What do you use to clean wax from bolt and action. Do you oil after cleaning? thanks
Boyd L.
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Boyd L. »

Hawk-1 wrote:What do you use to clean wax from bolt and action. Do you oil after cleaning? thanks
An assortment of nylon brushes of various sizes and shapes can be used to fit into the receiver and to clean the breech face in and around the firing pin hole as well as under the extractor and holder. If necessary your bolt can be disassembled and the solvent of your choice used on the inside.
I only oil if a rifle is going into storage for a long time. But that's just me. 8-}
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Most bullet lube seems to come off fine with a cleaning oil and a few patches. And that's nothing compared with trying to clean lead out of the rifling after using lightly lubed bullets!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Hawk-1 wrote:What do you use to clean wax from bolt and action. Do you oil after cleaning? thanks

wire brush, toothpicks, a little solvent, q-tips, and if your ever at a local gun show keep your eyes open for the booth with all the crap on it that has dental instraments, those are awesome because you can get them in all kinds of bends. I only clean the action when I start to notice that it does'nt want to load or eject properly then I know Ive got too much build up. The only time I clean the barrel is if I switch brands of ammo or try something different.
Hawk-1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Hawk-1 »

thanks guys,, and shakes if I can find any of that dental equiptment how do I do a root cannal on a 1710? :lol: