SK standard plus

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
dryfire
A Poster
A Poster

sk standard plus

Post by dryfire »

I think its really commendable when one of the group can make known,
information about tried products .Without some fairly expensive
equipment to isolate results in ammo testing this is a really good
representation of this product in real world terms. In this same real
world, repeatability of results seems somewhat builtin as testing was done
over a protracted period.
I would concur with 'Chicken George' that this stuff beats a lot of other
brands for the price and many that are much more expensive.
Since taking delivery of my 1712 I've shot lots of groups at 100m on numerous occasions . The groups hover around the inch mark.
As has been said several times on this forum "your results may vary".
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

ammo

Post by Jerry G »

My groups are like the Dawg's Once in a while I'll get a better one.

Don't waste your time at 50 yards, you need to do all your testing at 100 meters
Detritus
B Poster
B Poster

SK Match.

Post by Detritus »

Hey Guys,
Is the SK Match exhorbinatly too expensive to be considered, or have you found not much difference between it and Standard plus? A few of us have been working with the Match over here for about $76Aus...

Just interested :)
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Cold SK Standard Plus

Post by dwl »

A new note to an old thread. We had our first match of the year Saturday in Kaysville, Utah. The weather was beautiful and 10 to 15 degrees F warmer than usual.

The air temp when I sat down to check my zeros was 47F at 0900. The range at Kaysville is on the west slope of the mountain and the sun had not yet come over the crest. In that cool air at that temperature my cold ammo definately shot poorly at 100 meters. I didn't have time to measure the groups but it was maybe in the 2" to 2.5" range.

The sun came over the crest just before the match started at 1000 (shining nicely in our eyes). I placed my ammo in the sun on the bench and put my loaded magazines in my pockets to warm up. The temperature eventually climbed to 67F during the match and the SK Standard settled down decreasing the unexplained misses. Of course I also had to reduce the elevation at the different ranges as the temp climbed above 60 degrees.

Just a note for you SK shooters.

dwl
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: SK Match.

Post by Bob259 »

Detritus wrote:Hey Guys,
Is the SK Match exhorbinatly too expensive to be considered, or have you found not much difference between it and Standard plus? A few of us have been working with the Match over here for about $76Aus...

Just interested :)
I use the Rifle Match for my Silhouette matches and Plus for Cowboy Silhouette. I noticed the Rifle Matchshoots a little tighter groups, especially at 100M in my rifle. I also noticed that every once and a while you see a flyer with the Plus.