SK standard plus

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

SK standard plus

Post by Koldkut »

Got my case in last night and had to go play... put 6 shots off bench and was more than impressed with te first 3 shots clovering very tight, then the other 3 were still within an inch at 50 yards. I need to work that trigger.
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by dwl »

Good for you, Koldkut. See my posting under Fiocchi. I've recieved my new case of SK Std Plus and it's shooting well.

I did have some concerns early in the year during cold weather and I'll have to check that again when things cool down. Still been in the 90s here so all is well.

Hope some one else posts accuracy results, hint, hint!
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

Next time I go out, I'm going to put it on paper so I can scan and post a copy of it. Yesterday I benched a few and lost one bullet to the same hole, I thought no way, I've never seen anything like this, not even with the .17hmr I bought from the Dawg...
dryfire
A Poster
A Poster

sk standard plus

Post by dryfire »

A fellow shooter just recently took delivery of a new 1712 in a Pharr
stock. He uses a 6.5-20 Leup LR. He offered the rifle for me to shoot
off the bench a somewhat makeshift rest.
With Lapua Superclub I had a 3/8" group at 77m - I had to wait out the wind to get the shots off but one of the most impressive performances
I have seen from a rifle /ammo combo. I understand there is some affiliation between Lapua and SK. They appear to have the same headstamp, I just don't know which SK ammo is equivalent to the
Superclub.
From the word I hear, I can't wait to try the SK I've got in my 1712
when it arrives.
nanaimoman
B Poster
B Poster

Re: sk standard plus

Post by nanaimoman »

dryfire wrote:A fellow shooter just recently took delivery of a new 1712 in a Pharr
stock. He uses a 6.5-20 Leup LR. He offered the rifle for me to shoot
off the bench a somewhat makeshift rest.
With Lapua Superclub I had a 3/8" group at 77m - I had to wait out the wind to get the shots off but one of the most impressive performances
I have seen from a rifle /ammo combo. I understand there is some affiliation between Lapua and SK. They appear to have the same headstamp, I just don't know which SK ammo is equivalent to the
Superclub.
From the word I hear, I can't wait to try the SK I've got in my 1712
when it arrives.
Well I'm the fellow shooter that dryfire is talking about, and yes I was there when he shot the 3/8" group with my rifle using Lapua Superclub!
LH2
B Poster
B Poster

Post by LH2 »

SK Standard Plus seems to be really consistent - less flyers than CCI Standard Velocity or Federal 711B. About on par with Eley Club Xtra & Target Rifle in my CZ452.
Koldkut
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Koldkut »

I have found the old Federal Lightning (510) has been renamed to Federal Champion, I've run about 400 rounds through my CZ 452 and I have found my new practice ammo, shoots well enough for me to practice with it a few times a week at $0.97 a box at wal-mart. I still shoot the Sk SP for matches and some of the longer range practice, got to farting around at 125 meters the other day and the SK still held on where the Federal let go...
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

SK Testing

Post by GeoNLR »

OK, back a few years back I decided to test some of the most avalible $2-3 per box ammo that I could get... I shot (5) to (6) - 5 shot groups of each after cleaning and min of 25 shots to season the bore to that lot of ammo. Testing was done at 100 yards as that was all that was avalible at that range... The SK won hands down.... Here are the SK lot #'s and results..

Sk Lot#

Best (3) ave = .730"
Worst (3) = 1.507"
Ave of all= 1.119"

best 3 = .996"
worst 3= 1.337"
ave = 1.188"

best 3= .891"
worst 3=1.154"
ave = 1.023"

best 3=.826"
worst 3= .983"
ave of ALL = .912"

best3=.806"
worst3=1.689"
ave = 1.201

Overall Ishot (29) groups, (16) were under 1.0". (3) were .5's. AND, no unscoreable groups...

Oh, by the way.. all of the 13211 was sold out...wonder why?

OK, others tested

PMC
best 3=1.154"
worst and ave = UNSCOREABLE - many went so far off group/target could not be scored
some 2"+ groups

Eley practice
best 3=1.206"
worst = unscoreable
MANY 2"+ groups

eley practice 100
best 3= 1.090"
ave = 1.328"
Was $100 per case more... why spend the extra $

Eley standard brown box
best 3 = 1.206"
ave= unscoreable

There were some others, but none worth mentioning... AND, TOTAL the other (4) ammo tested had only (2) of 40+ sub 1" groups... as compared to 16 of 29... Like I said, hands down...
Image Chicken George
GeoNLR
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by GeoNLR »

dwl wrote: Hope some one else posts accuracy results, hint, hint!
I did my part....LOL
Image Chicken George
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

GeoNLR,

All my ammo shoots one hole at 100 meters.........

It's the second shot that screws it up..........LMAO
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

General Fido,
SQUEEZE that second shot!!! :twisted:
Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

Just.........can't..........let ............go :shock: :shock: :shock:
We have but one life to live, live it like you stole it, live it right up to the hilt.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
dwl
AA Poster
AA Poster

Results

Post by dwl »

Thanks, Chickster for the results. Knew we could count on you. There is still one question left for the SK Standard Plus. What does it do in cold weather. I had some problems early in the spring when it's till cold here (low 40s).

Miighta could been a scope problem as I have recorded data for drift on my lovely Leupold. I'm sending it back for R&R. Temps are starting to drop here for fall so I'll do some more testing and report results.

dwl
genphideaux
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by genphideaux »

dwl,

Shot SK two years ago and thought I saw a big differance when temp went below 55 degrees, sorry to say I never followed up on it. Just wanted to let you know I think you maybe on to somthing. Keep us informed as to your findings. This problem was also noted in reverse with RWS above 90 and it started opening up.

God Bless the USA

Dawg
ppkny
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Ammo Test

Post by ppkny »

GeoNLR,
I'd be interested if you had data on testing that confirmed your original test results.
Ex. same day/hour testing - Test batch 1,2,3,4 of different ammo types and immediately go back and test batch 1 after barrel and sight temperature variations have occurred.
Repeatability of test 1 would confirm the results and clearly state the accuracy given all the variables introduced in subsequent testing.
Thanks, It would be interesting to see if you factored in repeatability of the test.
Pete