Tried 4 different subsonic ammos in my CZ 452 today...

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Those Rem subsonics shoot very tight groups out of my CZ @50 yards being hollow points and Remingtons lol I find that odd. They want to much for them though and I never set the bench up at 100 to try them out. Looked promising with the smallest groups @50 being under 1/2" on average with a few .375" c-t-c as well.

I agree with you about the low dollar scopes being set to a mag and left there. I also have a IR BSA I use on my PCP air rifle for hunter field target and silhouette. It can go to 16 but 12x is max for HFT so I just leave it alone, changes my mil-dot holdoffs as well with the mag change.

I took a shot on the Barska when one of our local Master Class shooters said he set one up for a relative and was surprised it repeated so well :lol: IMO the glass is pretty clear as well for the money.

Still I want a Weaver T24 soon enough and this one will end up on my Target 10m silhouette rifle :)

Those fixed mag Sightrons look nice I just wonder how they compare to the Weavers?

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

Interesting about the Remington Subsonics.

Last winter I did some ammo testing at 100 meters (45 deg. F) and found that Remington Subsonics would shoot a group about 1 inch wide, but strung vertically for 2 1/2 to 4 inches. This was repeatable and held true for both rifles doing the testing. No other ammo tested did that.

It would be entertaining to run some Remington Subsonics through a chronograph.
Mark
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

A little off subject but this goes out to Dee. I've got sightrons and they track really well. I think they almost hold elevation better than Leupolds do. The glass is really good quality too and you cant beat the price.
NewAZShooter
A Poster
A Poster

Post by NewAZShooter »

I didn't re-shoot all of the most expensive brands since I was out of those. But the mid-priced stuff went down range out of the "new" CZ yesterday. It shot okay with the mid-priced stuff. 100m best/worst groups and 5-shot, 5-group averages...

with Eley Target Pistol (weight sorted to 51.2 gr.) best group .961", worst 1.858", average 1.478".
Lapua Signum best group was .714", worst 2.208", average 1.494"

Eley Match EPS best 1.351", worst 2.122", average 1.674".

Eley Practice best 1.220", worst 3.363", average 2.275".

The weight sorted target Pistol put in the smallest average. Plus the biggest group was still under 2", which none of the other mid-priced ammo did. Maybe the top-end stuff like Lap. Midas M&L and RWS R50/100 will be even better. If you haven't posted already, what do your CZs like best?
~JW

Love it when those chickens fly!

CZ 452 Silhouette
Ruger 10/22 W/ Clark Custom Barrel, B&C Anschutz Style Stock
Interarms Mark X 30.06
Browning BuckMark .22LR
T/C .22 LR, .22 Hornet
Ruger GP-100 .357 Mag