Eley Sport?

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
bjd
B Poster
B Poster

Post by bjd »

Eley sport what's the velocity?
Tlee
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Tlee »

It averages 1020FPS out of my 10" contender, 1070 out of my Henry Lever Action. About the same as Wolf/SK in the same guns.

-Tim
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Eley Sport is now $225 a case at Champion's... up over $100 a case in one year. :shock:

Next best bet for low price ammo is the CMP or Aguila (who makes both the Eley Sport and CMP ammo) is through the CMP as it's still showing for $156 a case plus shipping.

Between ammo prices going up so much along with gas, food and hotels I hope it doesn't hurt our turn outs to much.

But wait..... I can look forward to getting some of the highly sought after NRA award points at the Nationals, for the double entry fees :wink:
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

Yeah they called me today about a brick I had on back order and said it was $25 now. I went ahead and got it to still give it a try. Even with the price increase its still cheaper as they have all gone up or are in the process of going up now. Wish it would have shown up 2 days ago when they shipped me some Eley Standard could have saved on the shipping :shock: Think they would have honored the price I back ordered it at :P

I will post my impressions and results with it when I get it in and test it out. Finally.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Sometimes I feel foolish for stockpiling several cases of ammunition, but if Eley Sport is that high it's beginning to feel like a sound investment.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

BlauBear wrote:Sometimes I feel foolish for stockpiling several cases of ammunition, but if Eley Sport is that high it's beginning to feel like a sound investment.
My investment in Ammo is having a better return rate than my 401K.... :?
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

Guys.... Look on the CMP site they have the CMP Centurion .22 ammo (showing 10+ cases) at $159.95 a case plus shipping. It's sold in case lots only, but is made by Aguila the same company that makes the Eley Sport and uses the same Eley primer material.

http://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/c ... ote5=&max=

Get it at this price while it last....
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

You guys might want to try some kind of tuner to improve the accruacy of your ammo. It can be as simple as a small weight on your barell that can be moved. Movements as small as 1/10 of an inch can make a dfference.
_Shorty
A Poster
A Poster

Post by _Shorty »

Not allowed to use a tuner.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

A question that just occurred to me - could a barrel pressure point in the forearm considered a tuner? Legally, what's the difference between that and a Bughole Tuner?
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Bob259 »

BlauBear wrote:A question that just occurred to me - could a barrel pressure point in the forearm considered a tuner? Legally, what's the difference between that and a Bughole Tuner?
Simple...
Bughole Tuner ----> Illegal :cry:
Bad Wood pushing on the barrel -------> Legal :wink:
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I bought two bricks recently. It groups ok in my CZ. I am just using it for practicing with paper targets at my local range. Its good enough that i can "hit" 9 or 10 chickens every time. Pigs are no problem, but at the turkeys and rams it seems like I am using buckshot.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Ghostofwar wrote:I bought two bricks recently. It groups ok in my CZ. I am just using it for practicing with paper targets at my local range. Its good enough that i can "hit" 9 or 10 chickens every time. Pigs are no problem, but at the turkeys and rams it seems like I am using buckshot.
Sport seems to shoot okay, but it's dirty. My free advice is to stay away from it even though the price is attractive.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

BlauBear wrote: Sport seems to shoot okay, but it's dirty. My free advice is to stay away from it even though the price is attractive.
Well anyone want to buy a brick and a half of this stuff? Or trade for some wolf?
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Someone told me that tuners are legal on the heavy rifle. If they ain't, there are a lot of illegal guns at the nationals.