Lapua

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Lapua

Post by shakes »

Anybody know of a smoking price on Lapua's Center X ammo. :-bd
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Bob259
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Lapua

Post by Bob259 »

shakes wrote:Anybody know of a smoking price on Lapua's Center X ammo. :-bd
Shakes... Stay close to Kitty and Mini Kitty this weekend and when they are not looking ;) :D :ymdevil: :shock:
F Troop - Southwest Outpost

Proud Member of the Ram Slammers US Division (Two Bob)
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I think they were shooting Midas+ in Benton this past weekend not that cheap Center-X Stuff =)) At least it looked like Pharr was shooting it I know. Probably their bigger match ammo supply and they practice with the Center-X.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Try reversing who was shooting which! Pharr likes the MIdas and Kitty the Center X

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
DanDeMan
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DanDeMan »

Guys and Gals,

SB ammo that "works the best" in a given rifle is strongly correlated with chamber design. If you can safely chamber a round and extract it, look at the engraving on the cylindrical portion of the bullet. It should be consistently engraved all around and for the full length of the cylindrical section. If not, you have a potentially poor chamber design that will typically be finicky with respect to the brand of ammo that performs well.
Cheers,

Dan Theodore
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

DanDeMan wrote:Guys and Gals,

SB ammo that "works the best" in a given rifle is strongly correlated with chamber design. If you can safely chamber a round and extract it, look at the engraving on the cylindrical portion of the bullet. It should be consistently engraved all around and for the full length of the cylindrical section. If not, you have a potentially poor chamber design that will typically be finicky with respect to the brand of ammo that performs well.

Thanks for your info Mr.Wizard :-B but that is not what I asked, what the hell does it have to do with price of ammo.
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
DanDeMan
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DanDeMan »

shakes wrote:Thanks for your info Mr.Wizard :-B but that is not what I asked, what the hell does it have to do with price of ammo.
Well Mr. Shakes,

Who are you? And, I was just sharing some findings from years of shooting various SB match rifles, as well as slugging or CeroSafing others' chambers as well as designing a few SB chamber reamers. And, my comments were not directed in response to your question, but was intended to explain why some rifles will shoot a wide range of SB ammo well and others not.
Cheers,

Dan Theodore
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

me Im just some smart ass master class shooter who knows that differant ammo reacts differently to your guns chamber, just like 99.9% of the people who use this board. I appologize to the Great Carnac ^:)^ for questioning his response and enlightening all of us on the benifits "slugging and CeroSafing" your chamber.
DanDeMan
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DanDeMan »

shakes wrote:me Im just some smart ass master class shooter....
Na, you'd be a world-class jerk. If you don't like what I post, don't friggen read it. Nobody's holding a gun to your head...time to grow up, or is it too late? What's you name Shakes??? Are you man enough to let us know???

And, a bit better reading comprehension would go a long way. You posted:

me Im just some smart ass master class shooter who knows that differant ammo reacts differently to your guns chamber, just like 99.9% of the people who use this board.

That is not what I posted about. The jest of my post is that a proper match chamber will shoot a wide range of ammo well, unlike a sloppy chamber.
Cheers,

Dan Theodore
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Location: In memory of Tbone, I moved into his house in Hollywood, Florida

Post by hambone49 »

The jest of your post is the gist of it. Don't start with Shakes, he's a friend of my friends.
DanDeMan
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DanDeMan »

hambone49 wrote:The jest of your post is the gist of it. Don't start with Shakes, he's a friend of my friends.
hambone49,

You've got your perception backwards. Seems Shakes started this here little snit, not me. Why don't you have a wee PM session with him to see if you can get him to be a bit more civil, instead of the snide, condescending jerk he came off as. Balls in his court.
Cheers,

Dan Theodore
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by hambone49 »

My perception is perfect. Shakes wanted to know where to get the best deal on Center X, not some dopey dissertation.
DanDeMan
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DanDeMan »

hambone49 wrote:My perception is perfect. Shakes wanted to know where to get the best deal on Center X, not some dopey dissertation.
Sorry, that does not excuse his snide, condescending attitude. And, your perception is indeed backwards. I did not start in on Shakes. He started in on me. See, based on your statement you've got it backwards.
Cheers,

Dan Theodore
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by hambone49 »

DanDeMan wrote:Guys and Gals,

I'm tired of this pissing contest, the condescencion started with your first post. "Guys and Gals"??? Even Baby Huey knows this crap.
DanDeMan
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by DanDeMan »

hambone49 wrote:......

I'm tired of this pissing contest, the condescencion started with your first post. "Guys and Gals"??? Even Baby Huey knows this crap.
Dude,

You are one delusional individual. Just because I address the board as "Guys and Gals" I'm condescending??? Are you kidding me??? And, if you are really tired of the "pissing contest" why the hell did you just make your last post, or any for that matter??? You know you like "pissing contests," fess-up. If you didn't you'd of not made your first post on this thread.
Cheers,

Dan Theodore