Lapua

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Lapua

Post by shakes »

names Matthew Hall and yes sometimes I can be a jerk when I ask a simple question about price and get an answer about proper match chambers. I have been shooting sb and hp silhouette for awhile, not as long and as yourself but I do know about having a match chamber and its effects on ammo. If you didnt like my response then you shouldnt have posted off topic. All I needed to know about was if anyone knew of a good price on ammo, but thank you for your information on match chambers. I will look forward to reading more of your posts about silhouette.
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Totally off topic....great to see you again Matt, and Cheryl also. Good shooting, and keep it up, work in getting her to follow through with the trigger finger until the animal falls.
If Dan had bothered to read some of your other posts he would have found your real name, as it has appeared in previous posts, but then what do you expect from a person that chooses to be right and on topic all the time.

Mary Watkins
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

Thanks you so much Mary. I'll make sure she works on her follow through as much as I can and try to teach her good shooting habits instead of bad one's that I myself have. She really wants to shoot better and I dont allways have the answer to let her know what she should be doing, thats why I ask yourself and Dennis and others to teach her. I cannot thank you enough for your help with Cheryl, it means alot. I myself will work on my shooting, I do see that I am improving and getting back to where I was before the motorcycle accident. I'm so fortunate to be able to be back shooting with all the people who encourge me every weekend. Hopefully this year maybe next I can be in another shoot off with Dennis for State Champ. Thanks again Mary :ymhug:
"The bench proves the rifle, standing proves the man" Harry Pope. 6.5's for LIFE
hambone49
AAA Poster
AAA Poster
Location: In memory of Tbone, I moved into his house in Hollywood, Florida

Post by hambone49 »

Good shooting Shakes, Dennis is the real deal. Since we are still off topic, Mary are you coming next Sunday? Huey is in need of another attitude adjustment.
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

Hammy, BH will geet an attitude adjustment in Winnsboro. BTW when and where is he flying into? The taxi service needs to know.
I will be at Texas High Power States, where the guns really go Bang! Sorry to miss this one, I am pretty sure a few from central FL will be down that way.

Matt, Dennis is a great mentor, wish I lived closer so I could learn from him myself, my favorite mentor passed away several years ago but there are still a few of the great ones out there.
Cheryl shot well and got her first 5 in a row I think, didn't she....I heard you cheering and as I spotter I know how that feels!

Innocent
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
CZforlife
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by CZforlife »

hambone49 wrote:
DanDeMan wrote:Guys and Gals,

SB ammo that "works the best" in a given rifle is strongly correlated with chamber design. If you can safely chamber a round and extract it, look at the engraving on the cylindrical portion of the bullet. It should be consistently engraved all around and for the full length of the cylindrical section. If not, you have a potentially poor chamber design that will typically be finicky with respect to the brand of ammo that performs well.

I'm tired of this pissing contest, the condescencion started with your first post. "Guys and Gals"??? Even Baby Huey knows this crap.
Indeed I do, and Marry I will call you in the next day or so!
Baby Huey
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

Matt,

Back on topic, Champions Choice lists CenterX at $880.00 per case...Grafs is another good resource....as far as sweetheart deals on the CenterX, it's going to be rare to find it on sale at much of a discount...it's caught on and I believe it to be selling very well. Probably your best bet to buy in quanity and save is to catch Adam Braverman and the Lapua War Wagon at one of the major matches...he will probably have it at a "Match discount" and you will save shipping, assuming you drive to the event. Not much help, I realize, but at least on topic.

Now, slightly off topic, but maybe relevant...
Pharr has a taste for Midas +...Mini Kitty and I use CenterX. The CenterX seems to all shoot to the same POI and is extremely consistant, even across the "magical" lot numbers that appear on the ends of the boxes. If it helps the discussion, we both shoot Anschutz actions with Lilja barrels in the "tight bore" configuration. Not sure exactly which reamer was used to ream the barrels, but both our guns lightly engrave the bullet upon closing the action, but both will extract an unfired round. Both our guns have seen a lot of usage....Mini Kitty's barrel has approximately 50,000 rounds through it...no copper clad bullets, ever...never been brushed, just a patch pulled through with a mild synthetic solvent/lube that we discovered several years ago...when they stop shooting we will consider other cleaning methods.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

thanks for the info John. Byron and I were able to come across a smoking deal on some center X. I also shoot anschutz actions one with a lilja the other with a shilen. with your comments I feel pretty confident about our purchase.
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

I shoot Center X and SK and both shoot to the same point of impact at all 4 animals. I shoot an Anschutz single shot action with a Lilja tight bore barrel. It is very consistent with Center X. I'm not going to post group sizes. I'm confident in my setup. :D I haven't seen the fliers with SK but I'm not going to take the chance in matches when it cost me hundreds of dollars to travel to the matches. I am very pleased with the performance. I have shot 3 different lots of Center X over the last month and couldn't tell a bit a difference at all.
JasonPeterson
Wirenut1212
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Wirenut1212 »

Care to share where you found your good deal?
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

John ( Big Kitty ) I don't know if you are still shooting the same guns that I build for you and Mallory, but if you are, the reamer used, is the one made by PTG specially for the Lilja tight bore barrels, now as far as lead angle, and chamber taper, it was made to my specs. but headspaced to use SK standard plus.
Congrats. to Mallory in her performance at the Conard match, she has really come a long way in very short time. See you all at Winnsboro.
Evelio.
Evelio
jneihouse

Post by jneihouse »

Evelio.
Those are the same guns.. They have always shot lights out. You got it right with the chamber.
Thanks for tter kind words about Mallory. She has came a long way from the littlle kid that used to load mymagazines for me.

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by shakes »

I went through our local match director, I dont know where he's getting it from and I dont ask. He told me the price and I said "Giddy Up". Sorry.
kevinbear
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by kevinbear »

This going to be an interesting few days at nationals this year! %-(
Kevin wondering to himself; does N.M. reciprocate with Co on concealed carry permits :-??
AAA Shooter politically incorrect and loving it