Golden Eagle Target vs. Match Rifle

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Golden Eagle Target vs. Match Rifle

Post by dave imas »

hello...

I've used Golden Eagle Target with excellent success but have not used or heard of anyone using the Golden Eagle Match Rifle. Any experience with it out there?
dave

Post by Guest »

Dave,

I assume you are talking about the Aguila ammo. One in a dark blue box and the other in the black box.

Neither my Anschutz 1808 nor my Rem. 40X silhouetter rifles grouped bettet than 1.5 inches with either ammo at 100 meters. Lower-priced CCI standard velocity produced better groups ~1,25 inches with both rifles.

That's the only experience I have had with that ammo.

Regards,

Post by Guest »

Dave,

I assume you are talking about the Aguila ammo. One in a dark blue box and the other in the black box.

Neither my Anschutz 1808 nor my Rem. 40X silhouetter rifles grouped bettet than 1.5 inches with either ammo at 100 meters. Lower-priced CCI standard velocity produced better groups ~1,25 inches with both rifles.

That's the only experience I have had with that ammo.

Regards,

Joaquin B.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

Hi Joaquin,

Yup... the Aguila. I was able to shoot some very good scores with the Target. Although afraid to actually bench it because of my lack of skills in that department. I guess I'll just hope the Match Rifle is good, or good enough, because I just ordered a case of it.
Thanks. dave
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

verdict?

Post by silhouette13 »

regards dave,

have you gotten a chance to shoot the match rifle and how did it go?

Post by Guest »

I used to shoot the match rifle - my gun liked it - I liked it. It seemed a smidge better than the target but I don't have any numbers to support that. All shot pretty clean as well.