Fiocchi SV, Winchester Subsonic test

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Fiocchi SV, Winchester Subsonic test

Post by pistolero45 »

The weather was too nice to just sit around the house. So I headed to the range to do some ammo testing. And I thought my fellow shooters might find the results useful.

Conditions were: 54 degrees F, sunny, and no wind.

Distance was 100 meters.

Shooting was done off a concrete bench with sand bags.

Technique: Clean barrel, fire 5 fouling shots, then fire four strings of five rounds, with a cool down period between strings, onto the same target. These were 20 round groups.

I used a Remington 540XR, a CZ 452 American, and two types of ammo: Fiocchi Standard Velocity, and Winchester Subsonic.

The results were:

Fiocchi in the Remington measured 3 1/4 inches, and in the CZ measured 2 3/4 inches.

Winchester in the Remington measured 3 inches, and in the CZ measured 2 1/4 inches.

Remember, these were 20 round groups!
Mark
Merlin
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Fiocchi SV, Winchester Subsonic test

Post by Merlin »

What kind of groups are you getting with other (better?) ammo in these two guns...?
"Only God can judge me." Merlin

"Merlin..Your'e a rimfire whore." God

NRA Lever Action Silhouette - You get more clang for your bang with lever action silhouette.....
TSRA Lifer
NRA Patriot Patron Lifer
pistolero45
A Poster
A Poster

Post by pistolero45 »

The best tested ammo was Lapua Master M, which would shoot under 1 inch at 100 meters. I also had good success with SK Standard Plus, Wolf Match, and Aguila Pistol Match.

For some reason the Aguila rifle match ammo did not work as well as their pistol match ammo.

The following discontinued rounds also tested and shot well: Eley Silhouex, Winchester Supreme, and Federal Gold Medal (old version - I think Federal changed the formula about 15 years ago).

For beginning shooters and those competing at AA class, I think Federal Automatch-22 offers extremely good accuracy at an affordable price point.
Mark
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

pistolero45 wrote: For some reason the Aguila rifle match ammo did not work as well as their pistol match ammo.
Interesting, I will have to buy a couple boxes of the match pistol and test when becomes Avail. Their Match Rifle is what I use and the Match Pistol is the same price or $500/case todays price delivered from my LGS. I paid $450 last month that I had on order since January.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/