Norma TAC-22 subsonic ammo experience?

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Norma TAC-22 subsonic ammo experience?

Post by Jason »

Has anyone tried out the Norma TAC-22 ammo? According to the few reviews that I can find of it on the web, it looks to be made by RWS and a competitor with Wolf Match Target or SK Standard+ for accuracy and pricing. I'm thinking that this might be good enough for my daughters to shoot their 4H matches and smallbore league with. They're steadily working their way through my stash of SK Standard+ and I would rather they not get into the Center-X. :) Even so, I would rather hear about some experience from others here before I grab a case of it.
southpaw
B Poster
B Poster

Re: Norma TAC-22 subsonic ammo experience?

Post by southpaw »

I have used up a brick of this thru my 1712.It seems to be very close to the RWS Target Rifle I use and has a RWS headstamp. Have not spent a lot of time testing it off the bench,but it seems worth the price.
Leroy (missing the SRP matches-hope you guys can get it up and running soon)
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Thanks, Leroy. I hope we get the range opened back up, too. With Machias shut down until the legal issues get dealt with and Tacoma shut down, hopefully much more temporarily, it's looking like I may not be shooting silhouette until the Conard Cup.
flynbenny
Unclassified Poster

Post by flynbenny »

It shoots around 1/2" in my CZ 455 at 50 yards. It groups better than Eley Club in that 455 at 50 yards in fact. They both shoot about the same (3/4") at 100. Note I was shooting indoors. It seems to be more accurate in my rifle than the RWS Target Rifle ammo I have on hand, making me wonder if it's a different RWS loading. I sent an email to Norma to find out. I did return to my local gun store and bought every box they had left. :ymdevil:
OldRanger
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by OldRanger »

Jason wrote:Thanks, Leroy. I hope we get the range opened back up, too. With Machias shut down until the legal issues get dealt with and Tacoma shut down, hopefully much more temporarily, it's looking like I may not be shooting silhouette until the Conard Cup.
We were supposed to have a match this weekend but the foot+ of snow we got says otherwise and we had to cancel. If this snow doesn't get to melting I might not get to shoot before the Conard cup too. C'mon global warming!
I buy all my guns from t-rex. He's a small arms dealer.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

by flynbenny on Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:04 am

It shoots around 1/2" in my CZ 455 at 50 yards. It groups better than Eley Club in that 455 at 50 yards in fact.

Why would you even bother to test at that distance? Seems to me that the problems with groups happen between 77 and 100 meters. Most ammo groups OK at the turkeys but goes bad at the rams.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

I bought a brick of it at a gun show to test out. I shot it today out of my 1712 and my Lilja barreled CZ455. It shot about 1/2 inch at 50 for both the guns but opened up to about 1.5 inch at 100 for the 1712. I didn't shoot any at 100 with the CZ because I ran out of time. If it were 4 bucks a box or less, it would be a great practice ammo. At the current price of 6 dollars a box, I'll pass on it and keep shooting SK/Wolf. It did however, shoot better than the SK Standard Plus out of the CZ, but the CZ is new and needs more tweaking.
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ghostofwar »

Here are some pictures of groups I've gotten with this stuff. Slight wind 5-10mph. Sunny.