Magtech SV .22LR

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Magtech SV .22LR

Post by snaketail2 »

Went by the LGS today and they had Magetch Standard Velocity .22 at $3.49 for a box of 50. Bought 3 boxes to try them out. Nowhere on the box does it tell the velocity and I haven't had much luck searching the net. One source says 1280...I don't think that is SV!

Anyone have any experience with Magtech .22LR SV?

Michael
Magtech.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Magtech SV .22LR

Post by Innocent »

Michael,
I tried to buy some at the last guns show, the guy wouldn't well me any without buying a $200 Marlin black gun, then I would get a brick free.
As I have no use for a nasty looking cheap 22 I did not get any. Did talk with him about velocity and the remark was it would be 1180fps, don't know how reliable that is.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
chuckjordan2
A Poster
A Poster

Post by chuckjordan2 »

Call them up! there is an address on the box, search it to reveal their phone.
snaketail2
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by snaketail2 »

We finally had some good weather and I wanted to sight in my 10-22 - so I took the opportunity to test the Magtech ammo.
My 10-22 has a bull barrel and all the other goodies that make 'em shoot good.
I have a lot of Winchester M-22 ammo and thought I'd use it to sight n the scope, then change to the Magtech to see how well it grouped.
I'd taken the 1-4 scope off my 10-22 to use on my 25-20 while developing a silhouette load and needed to re-sight it. The M-22s were awful! At 25 yards I couldn't find the paper! After 30 rounds I found the point of impact was about 2 foot low and all over the paper (not the 10-22's normal behavior).
I gave up on the Winchester and tried the Magtech. I aimed at a point 24" above the target and hit where I was aiming!
After a little scope adjustments I was on target and getting very pleasing results - see attached photo of 10 shots at 50 yards in a small group.
I was so pleased with the results of the Magtech ammo I stopped by the LGS on the say home from the range...yea, there were sold out.
I'll buy more when they get some.

Michael
10 22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Overheard at the Dairy Queen "I live in Port Aransas,but I'm not from here...you can tell because I have all my own teeth."