Ordering by LOT

22 Long Rifle ammo is finicky. Tell us all about it here.
Dakota1
B Poster
B Poster

Ordering by LOT

Post by Dakota1 »

If a brick, or case, of ammunition turns out to be outstanding, how can you order more of the same lot? Can it be done on line, or do you have to call direct and request it?

Thanks.
Last edited by Dakota1 on Fri May 04, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Travelor
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Travelor »

I would call direct as they may not have it OR you may be able to get the warehouse guy/girl and get them to look and send you what you need. This has worked for me in the past with Champion Shooters Supply.
George

No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

I don't think a company would do that with the cheep stuff. You have to get into the premium ammo to order a brick or two and have the company hold the rest of the lot for you.
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Jerry, if you call Champion Shooters Supply and talk to the guy in the warehouse ask him to send you a couple of boxes of different lot numbers of the ammo that you want to try and that he has several cases of it.

It does not matter if the ammo is expensive or not he will do that but he will not hold it for you, so as soon as you get it go to the rifle range try it in your rifle and order what you can afford of the lot number that shot the best in your rifle. Tony
Dakota1
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Dakota1 »

What is the distinguishing features of premium ammo. I have been shooting Wolf Match Target. Depending on who you talk to, this is the lesser practice ammo.
dryfire
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dryfire »

I don't think there are any discernible features of premium ammo itself.
There is greater consistency in the manufacture of it so it should have a resulting greater consistency in the performance and more often than not it does. There are exceptions where mid-grade ammo works
exceptionally well. A current batch of SK Standard Plus I have will hold an inch or better for 10 shot groups in ideal (calm) conditions. I have tried batches of Eley Club Extra that gave similar results. I have also tried Eley Tenex that wouldn't group under 2" at 100m but for some odd reason would group well under 1/2" at 50m.

There is no magic answer other than try the ammo and see how it performs in your rifle.

Andrew
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

I haven't tested for grouping between lots, but recently experienced a .5 MOA variation in zero between lots of the same ammunition.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ