Scope adjustment advice requested

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
mrkswords
Unclassified Poster

Re: Scope adjustment advice requested

Post by mrkswords »

jerry,
Did go back to chicken and pig numbers and got excellent results on chicken number's grouping and again acceptable grouping using pig settings. As I said, completely stymied with the 77m & 100m grouping change. Regardless, I have lost confidence in using the Tasco; so the "bad scope" thought would always be in my mind.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

If you don't have confidence in your equipment, the rest doesn't matter. You gotta have confidence in all your equipment.

Only think still unanswered in my mind is, were your real close to the upper limit of your scope. None of this makes much sense to me. :-?? It is an interesting problem but must be driving you a little crazy by now.
mrkswords
Unclassified Poster

Post by mrkswords »

Jerry G wrote:If you don't have confidence in your equipment, the rest doesn't matter. You gotta have confidence in all your equipment.

Only think still unanswered in my mind is, were your real close to the upper limit of your scope. None of this makes much sense to me. :-?? It is an interesting problem but must be driving you a little crazy by now.
Not any more. Leupold came in today and just got it mounted. Off to the range tomorrow for zeroing and getting distance numbers.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

mrkswords wrote:Update:
The guy took what I paid and applied it to my ordering a Leupold VXII 6-18X40 with a target dot.
That is a very nice scope. You should be very pleased with it.