Sightron SII 24x opinions

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
topgun526
B Poster
B Poster

Sightron SII 24x opinions

Post by topgun526 »

I found an SII Sightron 24X44 w/dot, NOT a Big Sky

What are your opinions on this scope??

Clarity, tracking, turret feel ...so on and so forth....

I've been told the "clicks" are mushy but can be felt.

Which current production scope will it compare to? Weaver T series???

I'm looking for an indoor and outdoor scope on a very small budget and this one fits the budget, unless it won't measure up.

Thanks
Ghostofwar
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Sightron SII 24x opinions

Post by Ghostofwar »

I have two Sightron scopes, both 12 power but one is the plain SII and one is the SII Big Sky version of the same scope. From using both at my local range and in the backyard on air rifles, I can't tell much difference in the glass. Both are very bright and very clear. The only real difference I see in the scopes is the appearance. The big sky version looks like a more expensive scope and the turrets are indeed a little better. Both scopes have a slight mushy feel but the clicks are a little more defined on the Big Sky.

Hope this helps.
Doodaddy
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by Doodaddy »

SII glass is probably somewhere near the Weaver T series or below, but plenty good. I haven't used the SII series for silhouette, but I don't remember being let down by the clicks. The only plight I would have with the SII for silhouette is that the AO would be cumbersome and annoying to do deal with from animal to animal.

The Sightron SIIBS 6-24 Silhouette model is about as ideal as you can ask for for silhouette, but for some reason they discontinued it. :(
I am NOT Danny Hatch. Image
Smed31
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Smed31 »

I have an SIi36X on a BR rifle and I don't notice much if any difference between it and my Leupolds. I think they build very good scopes.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I had an SII (non-Big Sky) fixed 24X scope and I have multiple SII Big Sky SIL scopes. Note that I had the non-Big Sky model. The different in clarity was noticeable for me and the eye relief was so long that it was cumbersome to try to mount on a smallbore action. This might be a good thing for a highpower rifle, but the glass quality wasn't good enough to justify putting on a highpower rifle. The adjustment system was excellent, of course, and the clicks weren't mushy on mine at all.