Help in choosing a scope

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Help in choosing a scope

Post by delgadoh »

I am building two riffles Anchutz 54 here in Tucson AZ Ron is almost complete with helping me with this project. I need to choose a scope.
Option #1 My uncles scope is a Leopold 8.5x25x50 Leupold stop making them But i can find one in eBay

Option #2 Leupold FX-3 Silhouette 30x40mm Adj. Obj. Silhouette

Option #3 VX-3i 6.5-20x50mm (30mm) Side Focus CDS Target

I need input or does anyone have one for sale? or what would you used
My email is delgadoh@gmail.com 520-270-9932
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: Help in choosing a scope

Post by Jerry G »

I would go with option 2. It is a good scope.
xpilot
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by xpilot »

DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by DavidABQ »

According to equipment surveys at National silhouette competition Leupold's FX-3 25x40 seems to be popular. Have you considered that as an alternative?
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

Thanks for your opinion guys, David I am gonna research that scope thanks. Keep your advice coming
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

FX-3, 25X, 1/2 Min Dot. NIB, $500 TYD
Pete
frankmako
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by frankmako »

the fx-3 is a good scope. but i would also look for a el paso made weaver t-scope.
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

Well here's an update I order the Leupold 30X40 FX3. A little nervous hope it is to my satifaction. The reason is a fixed power i always
shot with variable. Thanks
glen ring
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by glen ring »

Pete

Is that scope still for sale ?
Just Be Nice **==
Pete
A Poster
A Poster

Post by Pete »

Yes, you have a pm.
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

delgadoh wrote:Well here's an update I order the Leupold 30X40 FX3. A little nervous hope it is to my satifaction. The reason is a fixed power i always
I would imagine that your AO scope was cranked up to 20 or 24 most of the time, depending on what scope. Your new FX3 ordered with 1/2 minute dot? Tried it out and like? :D ?
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
delgadoh
B Poster
B Poster

Post by delgadoh »

teetertotter wrote:
delgadoh wrote:Well here's an update I order the Leupold 30X40 FX3. A little nervous hope it is to my satifaction. The reason is a fixed power i always
I would imagine that your AO scope was cranked up to 20 or 24 most of the time, depending on what scope. Your new FX3 ordered with 1/2 minute dot? Tried it out and like? :D ?
Yeah i tried it and i like it. and i order it with the 1/2 dot. ill post pictures
teetertotter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by teetertotter »

Mine is the FX-3 25/40 and sighted in out to 77m when the Temps were in the 70's 3 weeks back for couple days. Mine is new from buying in February. This weekend it is supposed to be in the 70's vs past couple weeks in the 60's and will get it sighted in at 100 meters. Then I will start attending our regular Thursday night NRA SB Silhouette practices and monthly tournaments. Out to 77 meters, the 1/2 min dot is very visible with my 40/20 vision. I have glaucoma with vision problem with to early for surgery, they say. Eye drops are slowing down the process. This 1/2 Min dot is a savior right now and can continue with the sport.

I sold my 6-24X42 SIL Sightron and a Bushnell 4200 couple month ago as no longer could see the dot. I also wanted a fixed scope and by selling both scopes in RFC, it paid for my FX-3 25/40. This FX-3 is extremely bright and will help me tremendously in dusk conditions, during September evening NRA practices.
LH CZ 452 Amer, Free Floated, FX-3 25X40, D3 Rings, TAC-22
https://www.beloitrifleclub.org/shootin ... ilhouette/
SteveD
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by SteveD »

In the past I had used Leupold 24X BR's and BR-D's with a 3/8" dot. Recently I picked up an FX3 25X with a 1/2 min dot. Very nice scope!

The adjustable objective alone on the FX3's is worth making the change, especially for Smallbore. You can obtain a clear picture with just a fraction of a turn, unlike the BR's that required more than a full turn to adjust.

I got the scope used so I didn't have a choice of dot. I had not used or even seen a 1/2 min dot before but it is great and I am very happy with it. So much so that I just ordered another scope.