What sort of case........

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

What sort of case........

Post by DavidABQ »

I bought a Plano handgun case for my vintage Bausch and Lomb spotting scope but it will not fit a short shooting bench type of tripod.
My scope fits diagonally in the case so there is no room for a bench top type of tripod.

What sort of case does everyone use for their tripods or spotting scopes?
I am sure the individuals that travel a lot for the larger matches must of figured out a neat and orderly way to carry various pieces of equipment.
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Re: What sort of case........

Post by Jerry G »

On the airplane, the scope and tripod go in the suitcase with my vest and clothes.

In the car, the scope is in the heavy cloth Kowa case and the tripod is in nothing, just laying in the trunk. If you buy a good hard case for your tripod, the case will cost more than what is in the case. But... if you want the scope and tripod in one case, you might want to look at a 'take-down' shot gun case.
DavidABQ
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Re: What sort of case........

Post by DavidABQ »

Hmmm, a take down case. That is worth driving down to Sportman's Warehouse to check out.
Thanks Jerry. I am surprised that you don't have a secured hard side case devoted solely for your tripod or spotting scope. You seem like a everything in its place sort of individual.