Air Rifle Silhouette Scope

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
4H Dad
Unclassified Poster

Air Rifle Silhouette Scope

Post by 4H Dad »

Building an air rifle silhouette gun (springer) for competition. Need some help in determining the best scope to buy. The issue that I keep running into is finding a quality scope that will focus down to 20 yards. Any ideas?
Thanks,
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Air Rifle Silhouette Scope

Post by cedestech »

Sightron or Weaver will work fine. If you want a 3/8 or larger dot then you'll have to go Leupold EFR scopes...
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

Depends on what zoom power you want and what reticle choices you're willing to use, but a Weaver V-16 or V-24 would be my first suggestion. They focus under 10 meters (33 feet), have good glass, good tracking, and will stand up to a springer's abuse.

I'm using a V-16 with their "Varminter" reticle (fine duplex with dot) on my TX200 and haven't had any issues shooting 10 meters/33 feet all the way out to 45 yards (Rams).

For air rifle the V-24 would be a good choice as well. It has 1/8 MOA adjustments but Chickens to Rams is only two to three MOA difference, so you won't have to go more than one full rotation on the elevation knob like you would for smallbore distances.

Good luck.
Allen Corneau
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by Ken Green »

IMO: The best scope for a springer is a Bushnell Elite 4200. I have had the 6-24 on my TX200 for a few years without any problems and they focus down to 10 yards. It is the only scope that I would put on a spring gun, but I know they are no longer made. :((
dscak1
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dscak1 »

Leupold 6.5x20 EFR. Focus goes down to 10 meters (and on the one's I've owned, even closer), reliable and warrantied by Leupold.
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GSL »

WEAVER T scopes rule ... take your pick , T10 , T16 , Older EL Paso ones ...
Newer T 24 all focus 50 ft or less - ENJOY !
Jerry G
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jerry G »

Do all those scopes mentioned take the forward recoil of a springer?
GSL
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by GSL »

I have used Weaver T scopes on Anschutz , Air Arms TX200 both tuned and factory velocity ...
NO problems ! they are great , I have heard of problems on extreme velocity springers like 22 caliber
BSA hunters ( 1000 fps + ) but for target and accuracy air guns ... BE happy .

GSL