Cabela's Intrepid Spotting scope

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Cabela's Intrepid Spotting scope

Post by Ken Green »

Last week Cabela's had their 20-60x80mm Intrepid Spotting scope on sale with the eye piece for $600 dollars. The regular price is $800 dollars. I picked it up and was able to use it yesterday at our regular smallbore match, for the first time. With the eyepiece set around 25 or 27 power, I had no trouble seeing the small dimples on the rams. It was very easy to see a bullet hit on the ram. I was able to see the mirage moving at the rams also. It was more of an over cast / cloudy day. The sun was out some but it was not a bright sunny day.

One of the master class shooters, said the glass was close and on par with the Kowa scope. The only difference he commented on, was that the eye relief was different from the Kowa. The eye relief can be changed for glasses. Now that does change the field of view while changing the eye relief, but it was not critical. Overall, I am pleased with the scope.
Ken Green
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Cabela's Intrepid Spotting scope

Post by Ken Green »

I have now used the Cabela's Intrepid Spotting scope in two matches. I am well pleased with it. Some of the other shooter(s), gave it a passing grade. I did not have any trouble spotting hits at 300 meters on steel.