Leupold scope service price increase

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
powding
B Poster
B Poster

Leupold scope service price increase

Post by powding »

Just a head up. As of March 1st custom shop work prices are going up, steeply. I am having a reticle change to a target dot and my cost is $70 plus tax. On March 1st the price goes up to $160. WOW!
cedestech
Distinguished Master Poster w/Palms

Re: Leupold scope service price increase

Post by cedestech »

To be fair it is no surprise... They would much rather sell a new scope then re-reticle your old scope so the price increases is enough to make that a less appealing option. I admit I have purchased very reasonably priced older Leupolds with a small dot or fine cross hair only reticle and it was well worth the price to send it and have the reticle changed to something more appropriate. Now even if it was a screaming deal you'd be hard pressed at that price to justify not just buying new.
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
hermit5
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by hermit5 »

Their wait time for repairs maybe the reason.This will surely shorten that.
cslcAl
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by cslcAl »

Leupold is not the shooter friendly company they used to be. I’ll be going to Cheryl Ackerman from now on.

Al Foust
Team Sierra Member
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

It would be nice if Weaver brought back the T24 with 1/4 MOA clicks and a 1/2 MOA dot that they produced around 2005. The lenses were not the best but if they put in the best glass available and a choice of dot size that would make a great silhouette scope that could be used across all the disciplines from Air Rifle to Centerfire. I think Cathy S. was instrumental in having that particular T24 manufactured. I would pay Leupold 25X or 30X prices for a Weaver T24 with the highest quality glass.
cedestech

Post by cedestech »

atomicbrh wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:15 am I would pay Leupold 25X or 30X prices for a Weaver T24 with the highest quality glass.
I have a new FX3-25 and a older BR24. I use the BR because the glass is noticeably clearer even though the scope is 20+ years old....
Emmett Dibble, Houston, Texas. Where's my buddy Jason? Keeper of electronic records and banisher of little pieces of paper?
Another Dang 9
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Another Dang 9 »

I've been using the weaver V24s. Good glass half the price of loupolds
Its a dog eat dog world and I'm wearing milk bone underwear.
NRA Endowment Member
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

I called today, for the older m8, vx2s and I believe fixed power scopes, it's $125 for a reticle change. Can go higher than that, depends on complexity of the scope itself.
Gerry
B Poster
B Poster

Post by Gerry »

I was informed by Leupold that the price will be 125.00 as of the beginning of March however, serial numbers with a letter prefix are too old and would not be worked on for a reticle change.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Update: I just ordered the reticle changed on an EFR and was told the price is now $200. That is a significant change.
thauglor
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by thauglor »

SqHunter wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 12:39 pm Update: I just ordered the reticle changed on an EFR and was told the price is now $200. That is a significant change.
I can confirm that, before selling my VX3 6.5-20 efr, I asked for a reticle change and was quoted $200 as well. It was $125 for a fixed power scope.
SqHunter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by SqHunter »

Well, it seems servivce has improved with the price. I received a tracking number today, meaning turn around time was one week.
OnaginOffagin
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by OnaginOffagin »

I have an older Leupold fixed power 12, zoom A0..... beautiful glass, but I would like it bumped a little, and a 3/8 or 1/2 dot installed. The last time I sent it in, I asked about it re telephone, and somebody at Leupold told me they wouldn't do it, because the scope was too old. True? If they won't do it, can any other shop do that? Safely?
"Honor, Respect, Service, Humility....." (Lt. Gen. Hal Moore 1st Bn, 7th Cavalry)
acorneau
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Post by acorneau »

OnaginOffagin wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:05 pm I have an older Leupold fixed power 12, ... but I would like it bumped a little, and a 3/8 or 1/2 dot installed.... If they won't do it, can any other shop do that? Safely?
No personal experience but these guys seem well regarded: http://targetshooteroptics.com/Services_and_Prices.html
Allen Corneau
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by atomicbrh »

Just got a scope back last week. The Ackermans seem to be at about a 2 month turnaround time. I do not waste my time or their time by calling them or e-mailing them. I just pack up the scope according to their precise website instructions enclosing a check and a letter with what I need done to the scope. Their work is well worth that two month wait.