Weaver T-24 w/ 3/8 dot - opinions?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
coldbeerchief
B Poster
B Poster

Weaver T-24 w/ 3/8 dot - opinions?

Post by coldbeerchief »

I've been offered a couple of brand new Weaver T-24 with TK Lee 3/8" dot reticles. (1/4" clicks)

Any opinions on them? Is $400 /each a fair price?

Thanks in advance,

George
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

$400 seems a little high, but I don't know what the Lee modifications cost. I'd say $350, but that's just my opinion and these are really nice scopes.
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
Innocent
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Innocent »

I'm not sure why someone have put a TKLee dot in a T24 but a 3/8 is a good size for most silhouette shooters. All the Weaver T series that I have dealt with have good dots for silhouette. The last scopes that I had TK Lee dots put in over 8 years ago cost around $40 each if I remember correctly. Prices are truly what ever the market will bear.

Mary
Proud member of SNOSS. I earned mine!
Proud member of IBDF Club...

Guilty until proven Innocent by the press.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

George, Weaver is no longer making T-24 scopes, and the supply is pretty dry. They were going new for 378.00. The last time I had a dot put in it was 75.00 for the dot and shipping.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

I think a Weaver T24 with a 3/8 dot and 1/4 minute clicks would be just about the perfect silhouette scope. I have a couple of the "silhouette" model T24s with 1/2 minute dots and 1/4 minute clicks and I sure would love for them to have 3/8 minute dots instead. :)
jneihouse
Distinguished Master Poster
Distinguished Master Poster

Post by jneihouse »

I think that the shooter that had me post some "for sale" stuff earlier has one he'd take 300.00 for. PM me if you are interested

Kitty
Commander in Chief, F Troop