TK LEE DOTS

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
shakes
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

TK LEE DOTS

Post by shakes »

I need some help from the members if possible. I've got a 36 power benchrest scope from leupold and have allready sent it back twice for a larger dot and they keep putting in the target dot which isnt big enough. I've talkded to them and they day thats the largest they can put in. I've emailed tk lee and he doesnt shoot silhouette so the closest he can recomend would be a 3/8 or .33 by his numbers. I've also got one of the new fx III 30 power scopes with a 3/8th and love the dot size. My question is will the 3/8ths dot from Lee be to big or is it going to be the same size even though its got more magnification, will the dot remain the same size from rams to chickens? I dont know please help. thanks Matt
lone ringer
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by lone ringer »

Matt, ask Leupold about their Leupold dot reticle, they make two sizes and the larger one should be fine for shooting silhouettes. I just sent a 24BR for a reticle change and that is what I am having them put on it.

It is my favorite reticle because the cross hairs get progressively thinner as they get near the center drawing my attention to the dot.

Talk to some one in the service DPT. and ask what size would the larger Leupold Dot Reticle would be at 36X. I have not had much experience with 36X scopes but in the 24X range I like the dots to be no smaller than 1/4 minute and no larger than 1/2 minute.