Weaver Scope Help

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
22zip
Unclassified Poster

Weaver Scope Help

Post by 22zip »

Hi, to everyone, I need some help on deciding which scope to get, I won a T-series Weaver scope at a drawing. I have a choice of either a T-24, 1/4 inch click, 1/2 inch dot, or a T-36 with 1/8 inch click, 1/8 inch dot, besides the power differance can someone tell me the which one i would be better off with. I am going to use the scope for small bore silhouette and i have a CZ-453 Varmint.22, a CZ-452 Silhouette, and a Anshutsz model 54 super match, (one more) a BSA Martini mk-2. Small bore silhouette is new to me, matter of fact i never shot any of the small bore matches or games, just plinking. Any any ideas will be very helpful, Thanks
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

Definitely the T-24 for Silhouette! Even that much is a handful for newer shooters, and a 36x would probably drive you completely nuts.

As always though, your mileage may vary...
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
papabear
A Poster
A Poster

Post by papabear »

I concur with Blubear, The T24 is a better option for me.

You will get a more stable picture that is precise enough for you to see the targets and not a lot of wobble that you would get from a higher power optic like a T36.

My wife uses a T36 and she swears by it, and she would outshoot me somedays. I could not hold the rifle steady enough for a T 36.

Just my opinion.
PaPaBeAr

I'm confused...
Wait...
Maybe I am not.
22zip
Unclassified Poster

Weaver-T

Post by 22zip »

Thanks for the info on the weaver T series scopes, I turned in my ticket for the Weaver T-24 with 1/2 minute dot and 1/4 moa, going to mount it on a cz-453 varmint using bkl high rings, will sight it in tomorrow, thanks again
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

That sounds like a really great setup! You did really well!
"If the America people ever allow private banks to control the issuance of their currencies, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all their prosperity" - TJ
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

does any one know of any new in the box t24n 1/4click 1/2in dot scopes sitting on their shelves a t36 1/4-1/2 would be ok too.if not i am ordering a leupold 30x for my x-mas present i would rather use the difference in price to buy ammo but will do what needs doin'

thanks, dave
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

Dave, I was in Brunos the other day, I picked up their one and only 24, I was told that they weren't getting anymore 24's, but they had one and quite a few 36's. www.brunoshooters.com.
BlauBear
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by BlauBear »

It was my understanding that Weaver discontinued the T24 so I've been surprised nobody else brought it up. A lot of shooters are sizing up the Leupold FX-III 25 and 30x40, though I'm beginning to wonder if even 25x that's too much magnification for me.

It seems that too much information can delay a shot and lead me to bypass good opportunities while waiting for the perfect steady that never comes at high magnification in the offhand position.
Jim Beckley
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Jim Beckley »

I too was understanding that the 24's were discontinued. The time before last I was in Bruno's there wasn't any, this time there was one with a 1/8 dot and a 1/8th turrent, I thought maybe it was a return, there was no ring marks on it, so I ask Bruno's kid about it and he checked with his sister who said that they are still making the 24's with 1/8 and 1/2 dots, but both have 1/8th turrents, if I'm not mistaken!
Dee
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by Dee »

I hope they are still being made its on my list for my birthday in Dec!!!

I know 36 is to much for me at my level of ability so a 24 is perfect.

Always can go used I guess if they are hard to find but I would like a new one.

Dee
Trespassers will be shot.
Survivors will be shot again!