Returning UTG 3-9X4

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Returning UTG 3-9X4

Post by Sporty »

The UTG 3-9X40 1" Hunter Scope, AO,36-color Mil-dot I purchased on Amazon is being returned. It was not repeatable. The elevation and windage adjustments were not linear. It was installed on a new TX200 Mark III. I have a 3-9x40 AMX Hawke Airmax Airgun scope on order. Hopefully the Hawk is better designed for the double recoil.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC
atomicbrh
Master Poster
Master Poster

Re: Returning UTG 3-9X4

Post by atomicbrh »

My wife has a UTG 4 to 12x on her factory stock Beeman R7. It has been on that rifle for years without problems and still seems to repeat. We tried a Leupold on that rifle and her scores went down dramatically. She went back to the UTG and her scores went back up to normal. Hate you got a lemon. Maybe we were lucky.
Sporty
AA Poster
AA Poster

Re: Returning UTG 3-9X4

Post by Sporty »

atomicbrh wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:46 am My wife has a UTG 4 to 12x on her factory stock Beeman R7. It has been on that rifle for years without problems and still seems to repeat. We tried a Leupold on that rifle and her scores went down dramatically. She went back to the UTG and her scores went back up to normal. Hate you got a lemon. Maybe we were lucky.
I also don't like the complexity with setting the UTG turrets to zero. Having to unlock the turret after setting zero then tightening the screw for the cap before locking it again was cumbersome. If I had kept the riflescope I would have ended up using the Mil-dot for pigs, turkeys & rams having not trusted the turret. I maybe wouldn't have noticed if I weren't having to make windage and elevation changes with testing different weight pellets.
-Charlie (Lee) Meli
Retired match director @ Piedmont Gun Club, Rutherdfordton, NC