Celestron Ultima 100 Spotting Scope

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
jsimmons
A Poster
A Poster

Celestron Ultima 100 Spotting Scope

Post by jsimmons »

I ordered the scope through Amazon for $179.99. Imagine my dismay when I got the scope, on Wednesday, only to find out that they sent me the wrong scope. Instead of getting what I ordered, I got a Ultima 60 SV.

After a rather pleasant phone call exchange with customer service, I finally have the right scope. In the process of getting things ironed out between me and fogdog, I think I identified a problem between Amazon and fogdog.

The fogdog price for the Ultima 100 through Amazon is $179.99. If you go to the fogdog website (http://www.fogdog.com), the price of the 100 is $399.99.

I was mistakenly shipped a Ultima 60SV, which is $179 at fogdog, but is not listed as being available through amazon/fogdog.

It seems that fogdog has provided the wrong description to Amazon for what they intended to sell, and when you buy through amazon, fogdog sends you the 60 SV instead of the 100.

While trying to fix the problem, the customer service lady told me I would have to re-order through fogdog, so I went to their website, and that's when I discovered the price problem. When I mentioned the price difference and that the only reason I was ordering the scope was because it was so much cheaper than everyone else's price, she fixed it and I got the scope I ordered at the price I originally paid (more than 50% off what fogdog intended to sell it for).

As of this writing, they still hadn't fixed it on Amazon, so if you want a nice spotting scope, this might be the deal of the century if you're willing to take a chance on exploiting their mistake (and possibly getting the wrong scope the first time).

------------------

BTW, the scope is HUGE. It comes with an objective lens cover, a tripod mounting balance, and a soft case. I'm going off in search of a table-top tripod and a full-size tripod today.
Aim small - miss small...
-----
Got a Henry lever gun? Check out the Henry lever Gun Internet Competition
gmd1950
B Poster
B Poster

Post by gmd1950 »

Well I just ordered thru Amazon so they haven't guit selling them yet, we'll see how it goes! Thanks for the tip!

Gerald