Cantilevers vs Offset rings.

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
mordecai
Forum Fiddler
Forum Fiddler

Cantilevers vs Offset rings.

Post by mordecai »

I must be an ill-fitting shooter, but I can't get my scope back far enough to be comfortable. It looks like I'll either have to go with offset rings or a cantilever mount.

Anyone have any experience with the cantilevers? Heck, is there a rule against them too? :wink: Do they allow more movement than other mounts? I may need to raise the cantilever as well - anyone know how well it sits on a riser???

Thanks in advance. --M
Last edited by mordecai on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Check out this thread I posted about some rings I saw in a picture of one of Paul's guns. I ordered some and they work great and are very solid. I used them to move my scope forward more because my long skinny neck puts my head too far forward to deal with the 4.33" of eye relief on my Sightron scope with normal mounts. I assume they'd work just as well with moving a scope back some. Just be careful to leave enough room for cases to eject if it's the front mount that you're having to reach back with. I have the 1" wide BKL risers and these rings and the risers work very well together.

http://www.steelchickens.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=128

Also, if anyone knows of someone wanting to buy a Sightron 24X scope, let me know. I think I'm going to go back to a 6-24x. The lower power might be handy on a heavy mirage day, but mostly it's because I let my father-in-law use my gun in the relay after mine. He just can't handle the 24X and I don't want him to get frustrated and lose interest in silhouette shooting before I get him hooked.
Jason
Uber Master Poster
Uber Master Poster

Post by Jason »

Another detail to add.. if you get a chance to see Blair's new 1712 at one of the shoots in Tacoma before you see my rifle, he is using a set of these, too.
dave imas
A Poster
A Poster

Post by dave imas »

Marv has mounts that will fix your challenge as well.