Weaver scope reticle change?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
thskeer
A Poster
A Poster

Weaver scope reticle change?

Post by thskeer »

As part of an ongoing project to get my 12 year old son shooting I'm trying to get him outfitted on a relatively tight budget, at least until I know he WANTS to do this, then I'll spend more. Anyway...

I have an almost new weaver 4-16x 42mm rifle scope. It has the AO and seems like a pretty good optic. That being said it has the thinnest crosshairs and a 1/8th minute dot I've ever looked through! For a 12 year old, having to focus the AO to the nth degree isnt fun, so the dot washes out if\when you focus on the target. I've shot it some and get the same effect, especially in the heat.

Does anyone, the factory maybe, change reticles on these scopes? I think having a 1/2 min dot would help him, and right now he's so frustrated he doesn't want to shoot at all.

Or should I just sell it and go for the VX2 4-12x AO with the Leupold dot and target turrets?

Thanks, Tom
ChuckB
Unclassified Poster

Re: Weaver scope reticle change?

Post by ChuckB »

T.K.Lee did a good job on my Weaver V16.

http://www.scopedot.com/id3.html
Evelio Mc Donald
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Evelio Mc Donald »

Agree on T K LEE, he has changed the dot on all my scopes, about $85.00 and 30 days.
Evelio.
Evelio
hahahunter
B Poster
B Poster

Post by hahahunter »

has any had a problem and needed to send it back to weaver with an 'aftermarker' reticle?
what is their policy? void the warranty? :-??
silhouette13
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by silhouette13 »

hi, i totally agree on tk lee as well. great job fair price and have the option for as big a dot as you want. i did check with weaver prior to the switch and it would void warranty. they only offered the plex or tiny dots so i went with tk lee and a 3/8 dot. only thing is i should have gone bigger, my mistake not his.

handsome dave
Sako Finnfire /weaver v16 tk lee 3/8 dot
Hoyt
Truball
Easton