Leupold AO?

All the dope on risers, rings, scopes and optics.
ter
AAA Poster
AAA Poster

Re: Leupold AO?

Post by ter »

Jason wrote:So he nicely said that it won't work and he can't make it work? Sounds like a nice guy doing his best to deal with a design problem. Did he say why he couldn't even make a custom AO ring work?

He was not allowed the time to make a custom ring for this one scope. He was going to calibrate the low end for 35 yards, so I guess it will be just about on at the 50 yard mark. I think this scope was defective along with the AO way out of adjustment. All of my Bushnells are calibrated right on the money. I am curious how it turns out.
Trent
Expert Master Poster
Expert Master Poster

Post by Trent »

I still don't understand why they aren't replacing the scope. What am I missing? :?:
jjp
AA Poster
AA Poster

Post by jjp »

I talked to a friend that is over engineering at Leupold. He told me the marks on the adjustable objective are for reference. Each scope I have doesn't match the yardages marked on the scope. Outside conditions cause small changes also. I mark them with reference points and check them before I shoot.

Hopefully they will take care of you.
JasonPeterson
BCloninger
Master Poster
Master Poster

Post by BCloninger »

I buy Leupold for their glass, reliability, support and their repeatability. It really doesn't bother me that the AO ring is imperfect.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream."
- C.S. Lewis